DNG RAW samples

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

AmraSalkic

DNG RAW samples

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello,
I am interested into ordering BMPCC4K. I am into it because it's most portable raw capable camera. Now I'm testing workflow, but I cannot find 4K cinema DNG raw file (from any camera). Every link that I've found was broken. Does anyone know some link, or can share some footage with me.

Thank you in advance!

Denny Smith

Re: DNG RAW samples

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 4:25 pm

The 4K footage currently available from BM cameras would be the Ursa and Mini 4K, which have a larger sensor, and will be a different file size. No footage has been released yet from the new Pocket 4K Camera, which are the files you need to test with to get an accurate feel for the workflow.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

AmraSalkic

Re: DNG RAW samples

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Thank you for your answear. I will keep that in mind when testing workflow.

I found URSA Mini 4.6K CinemaDNG RAW footage on official BMD website. There is no information about what kind of compression is footage, but according to calculation size/length rate is around 270 MB/s which is half of Lossless CinemaDNG RAW according to tech specs for URSA Mini 4.6K. This rate is similar to BMPCC4K lossless CinemaDNG RAW according to it’s tech specs. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I tested footage on DavinciResolve (which I used for first time), and I can manipulate RAW footage without dropping frames. From short testing I am extremely satisfied with it. I even put 4 footage on canvas to play simultaneously without frame dropping. I noticed frame dropping visually, but the frame rate indicator didn’t notice it. I will continue to test it’s possibility’s.

If anyone have URSA Mini 4.6K CinemaDNG lossless with higher MB/s rate file to share I will be thankful.

Return to Getting Started