Davinci Resolve; Pod/Vodcast Tutorials?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dominic Ryan

Davinci Resolve; Pod/Vodcast Tutorials?

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 12:09 am

Hi All,

I've very much a beginner and have been using Resolve for a few months now and loving it. Seems very much a platform you can start using after spending a few days with it, yet still be learning plenty about a few years down the track. I am referring to the manual (which is great) for most things, however I would like to start learning more around best practice and techniques.

I typically use my commute time to watch or listen to vodcasts or podcasts, however there seems to be a lot garbage out there. Just wondering if anyone could suggest a few options for no nonsense, to the point style of presenting suitable for beginners?
Resolve 18.5.1
Win 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti 11GB
2TB NVMe (boot & scratch)
48TB Media Drive (PrimoCache: 4TB NVMe as L2 cache, 3 x 16TB EXOS SATA as data)
64GB DDR4 (32GB as PrimoCache L1 cache)

Brad Hurley

Re: Davinci Resolve; Pod/Vodcast Tutorials?

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 11:20 am

I think an audio-only podcast would be a hard way to learn Resolve, video is much more effective. The Ripple Training videos are not cheap (although compared with a monthly subscription to Lynda.com they pay for themselves in 2-3 months) but you can download them, which means you can effectively turn individual lessons into vodcasts that you can watch offline. That might be a way to go.

There are several very good introductory videos to Resolve on Ripple Training, and they're hard at work on material for version 15 (there's a "new features" training video coming out soon for v. 15 and presumably a full-blown tutorial coming once v. 15 is out of beta).
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Return to Getting Started