Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
seahorse

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am

I have never used any Blackmagic products as I am new the world of videography and filmmaking. My co-producer buddy is wanting to get me into this so we can split the duties between us. I've done videography for fun in New Zealand, but totally amateur. So now I would like to know what it will take to use Blackmagic products. I had watched some youtube videos saying that the battery life is really short - 30 - 45 mins. Well noobs like me will end up with maybe 15 mins coz of the setup time trying to get it all setup.

Question 1: Is there a way to run it on a powerbank such as RavPoere or Chargetech's PPO

Question 2 Is it possible to record on my Western Digital My Passport hard disk drive with USB 3.0 instead of having to buy SD cards?

Joakley

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 2:32 am

If I could piggyback off the OP for a second....

Just wondering what the weight is, and would it be too light to use with a Glidecam hd2000 or 4000?

I do have a universal cage that I am using with my current DSLR so that adds a little heft...I think it weights a little over 3lbs. Planning on using this cage with the BMPCC.

Denny Smith

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 5:42 am

Gentlemen, please see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72674
Most of yiur questions will be answered here. As to specific HD device support via USB3c, it is a little early to tell other that what has been a,readympublished.

Also do a search on the Cinematography Forum “Pocket Csmera 4K”
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started