Mini Mac to projector purple image

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

mcwillt05

Mini Mac to projector purple image

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello all,

I am having a slight problem with a mini mac/mac air outputting an image with a purple tint to it. The work flow is below. Has anyone else had this issue before and no any fixes?

Mini Mac
- HDMI Cable
Kramer VP774A - HDMI In
- HDMI cable out
Black Magic HDMI to SDI
- SDI Cable out
Black Magic SDI to Fibre
- Fibre cable to projector 80+ Meters
Black Magic Fibre to SDI
- SDI cable
Panasonic PT-RW930 projector

I have tried it out of a normal Microsoft HP PC with same work flow and works completely fine so potentially an Apple output issue?

If anyone can help I am very grateful!

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas Seewald

Re: Mini Mac to projector purple image

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 12:57 pm

What have you done to find the issue ? Used a monitor instead of the projector ? What about an other source (PC / Mac / Diskplayer) at the start of the signal chain. What about skipping the Kramer ? Maybe ther ist a mismatch of color modes. HDMI supports RGB and YUV.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Eric-Jan

Re: Mini Mac to projector purple image

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 pm

i have a (cheap) monitor that apperently has interchanged red and blue some how, and i can't change the monitor settings, all other equipment i connect does work correctly, with correctly connected cables, but one does not expect such errors with expensive equipment.

btw. the error will be seen in the skin colours ?
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started