Two routers on one PC

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jaden

Two routers on one PC

PostFri May 03, 2013 2:13 am

We have a Compact Videohub and a Studio Videohub. Is it possible to run both on one PC?

Thanks

Daniel Knoche

Re: Two routers on one PC

PostFri May 03, 2013 2:58 am

Yes, it is possible to run several, including of the same type. Just make sure you name them well to know which one is which
Daniel

Jaden

PostFri May 03, 2013 4:56 am

Okay then....
When I install the Compact Videohub software all is good. When I install the Stuido Videohub software it tells me it is allready installed! I am also talking about the main computer that is USB to the PC from each of the two hubs.

Daniel Knoche

PostFri May 03, 2013 5:03 am

It's the same software. So don't need 2 installations. Not 100% sure about having both conencted via USB. Will work via a network switch
Daniel

Hersh Burston

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 06, 2013 12:00 am

Hi Jaden,

You only need to install the software once. The Studio Videohub is connected via USB and the Compact Videohub must be connected vis ethernet with a static IP which matches the network settings of the computer.
In the Videohub Server Preferences you select "Use locally connected Videohub" when you want to control the Studio Videohub. Uncheck this box and type in the IP address of the Compact when connecting to it.

The Main Router View will use the labels assigned to the connected Videohub. When using the pushbutton views the display will have the same layout for both Videohubs but the labels will be from the unit connected.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hersh Burston
Senior Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to Getting Started