Black Magic Mini Recorder Error updating and is dead

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

alexhoing

Black Magic Mini Recorder Error updating and is dead

PostWed Aug 29, 2018 10:39 pm

good afternoon I'm from Colombia, today I connected my blackmagic to a new Mac and asked for an update, at the time I was updating the screen rescuer was activated and caused an error in the update and asked me to restart, now it does not detect it What can I do? I appreciate your help. I have an event on the weekend with her.

ALEX HOING

Eric-Jan

Re: Black Magic Mini Recorder Error updating and is dead

PostSun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 am

I do not know this device to be honest, but because you say you started using a new Mac, and maybe because you now are using High Sierra operating system, (previosly Sierra ?) you can have some "bugs" this way.
Also be sure all software settings are correct again, and have all hardware connected, and powered (when externaly powered) when powering up the Mac.

btw. if it is a firmware failure, BMD has to re-flash it, because it has been "bricked" also, working with video, some sleep functions in your system should be switched off, when working on a laptop, always use external power, and only set (go to) sleep functions for battery mode.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

alexhoing

PostSun Sep 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Thank you very much for your response, I have to send it to the brand's office but I still do not get directions from where

escobarin3

PostSun Oct 21, 2018 3:52 am

alexhoing wrote:Thank you very much for your response, I have to send it to the brand's office but I still do not get directions from where

Hey, I'm from Colombia too and it happened the same to me. It was updating and the mac froze.
I bought the BMD Mini Recorder in NY in BH PHOTO VIDEO. Where did you send it to repair here in Colombia? Did they charge you?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 pm

This topic has been discussed in this thread and others previously. Simply, this requires the unit to be setup for a RMA and brought into a BMD office to attempt to recover it.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

cesarmena

UltraStudio Mini Recorder not detected

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 6:37 pm

I have a big problem
BMD UltraStudio Mini Recorder. No Lights Led :cry:
Everything was fine. :ugeek:
fair Just Update appears for the BMD UltraStudio Mini Recorder! No Lights Led
in the MacBook Pro the Mini Recorder is detected
but in the application does not appear connected :oops:
I did Tests on Another MacBook Pro MacOS Sierra, High Sierra & Mojave does not work! I need help!! :cry: :cry:

Xtreemtec

PostFri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Contact BMD Support. You need to send it back for repair.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started