Mini Recorder problem with purple output

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Anthony Denson

Mini Recorder problem with purple output

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 11:11 am

I am feeding a mini recorder from HDMI which is the output of a Kramer video mixer. If I connect this output to an HDMI monitor it works fine. However when I look at the video output from the Mini Recorder on a Mac with Media Express the picture is coloured purple. Anyone any suggestions what it might be ?

Xtreemtec

Re: Mini Recorder problem with purple output

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 12:03 pm

The kramer sends out RGB Colorspace.. The mini recorder expects YUV Colorspace.

Check if the kramer can do YUV colorspace output. Otherwise you need a Decimator MD-HX to do colorspace conversion for you.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Anthony Denson

Re: Mini Recorder problem with purple output

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:The kramer sends out RGB Colorspace.. The mini recorder expects YUV Colorspace.

Check if the kramer can do YUV colorspace output. Otherwise you need a Decimator MD-HX to do colorspace conversion for you.

I don't think it can but Im not with the Kramer at the moment. Assuming not, would it not be cheaper to get an alternative to the Mini Studio as the Decimator is $400

Return to Getting Started