Decklink Duo 2 Configuration

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jdmvafi4

Decklink Duo 2 Configuration

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Hello,

I searched several pages back and do not see an answer to my issue. My apologies if this has been asked before. I am trying to help a small church out with some recorded and perhaps live stream stuff as time goes on. I have a Decklink Duo 2 capture card. The first crappy video camera I tried for a test, Hamswain, sent a live video to the Media Express with no issues other than it was low and camera and did not have a clean HDMI feed. That HDMI cam went through an HDMI to SDI converter and worked.

The problem; went to a Canon Vixia HF R800 camcorder. No video. No matter what settings I try on the Duo 2 Desktop Video setup or on the camera, no video on Media Express. Media express does appear to be getting camera audio as the audio bars are active for the port I have the camera and converter connected to.

I am stumped. What do I need to do to get this to work? I have seen several articles that say the Vixia R800 provides clean, live HDMI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric-Jan

Re: Decklink Duo 2 Configuration

PostWed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 am

you use a short HDMI cable with this camera ? any HDMI cable should not be too long.
I here by asume you did set frame rate from the camera to match, reading the manual of this camera, i notice when you set to 35Mb/s "shooting mode" frame rate is 60p and can not be changed in this mode, outside that 30p is default value, or can be set to 24p.
But i found also this in the manual:

that the HDMI output of the camcorder will adjust to the HDMI screen connected to,
Might be problems with DVI monitors,
Maybe HDCP (copy protection ?) is in play?
Don't know how far this will be valid to your situation, connecting it to the video equipment, but, you should not switch on your camera before connecting, only when connected and other equipment is also "booted up" then switch camera on, this could make a difference for the HDMI communication.
looks like a nice camera, has chromakey options, and can be remotely controlled by Android or iphone app.

note: by choosing different modes some features, are not possible, you should check the manual for that.
The "high video mode" 35mb/s is 60p (1080) frame rate only, otherwise 30p or 24p (1080) is possible.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started