New Owner - Software download

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Bossman2013

New Owner - Software download

PostSun Sep 30, 2018 7:08 pm

I just purchased a used BMCC 2k camera. In my random reading around the internet, I see that you can update the camera via a desktop software. I am finding it hard to find exactly where to download this software. Can someone help?

Denny Smith

Re: New Owner - Software download

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 8:29 pm

You go here(Blackmagic Design Support). scroll down to find Camera FW update 3.4, which will being the camera’s FW up to the latest version for this camera: ;)
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... al-cameras
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Bossman2013

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 11:32 am

Hi, Thanks. But it looks like that upgrades is for a 4k camera. Mine is 2k. Along with any camera FW updates, I am also seeking the application that is used to change settings on the camera. I believe it is an app you can install on your desktop computer.

Brad Hurley

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Bossman2013 wrote:Hi, Thanks. But it looks like that upgrades is for a 4k camera. Mine is 2k. Along with any camera FW updates, I am also seeking the application that is used to change settings on the camera. I believe it is an app you can install on your desktop computer.

The camera firmware updates the firmware for all the smaller BMD cameras; I think the 2.5K Cinema Camera got its last update in 2015 but as far as I know that should be included in the firmware updater.

See http://www.bmcuser.com/archive/index.php/t-17156.html for a revision history.

Just try downloading the latest firmware that Denny linked to and see if it updates your firmware; it might also install the setup software for you.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Return to Getting Started