HyperDeck Shuffle Input format

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Askii1

HyperDeck Shuffle Input format

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am

Hi
I'm setting up a four camera recording/viewing system. The cameras are industrial thermal imaging cameras (two different types) all though an upscaling converter to 750p. All four cameras are recorded with Hyperdeck Shuffle2. We also need to have a live output feeds in to a BM Smart View Duo via a micro converter.
SSDs are 250GB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

We have a Liliput camera assist monitor which we've been using to debug.

The camera HDMI out display well when connected directly to the micro converter and screen. The liliput screen confirm video at 760p 50Hz

When we plug into the hyperdeck shuffle not video detected??

When we take a laptop external monitor (hdmi) into the hyperdeck we get a green image with larger block interference. It will record and send though but corrupt video

I can understand the recording being a SSD problem. However the loop though video makes me think its a hyperdeck problem.

Anyone shed any light on the problem. I've swapped out cables but would rule them out, never seen this effect before.

does anyone know hyperdeck video format range. There seams to be little documentation for the product.

HELP!!! :roll:

Andy

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: HyperDeck Shuffle Input format

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello Andy. It may be a typo twice but you first mention 750p, then 760p. The Hyperdecks will record 720p50. Again, maybe it was a typo which I do often as well, but if those are correct, then the Hyperdeck will not record that signal. Outside of that if the actual frequency of 50 Hz is outside of broadcast specs which often happens with industrial type cameras, there could be problems recording as well. Hard to say.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Denny Smith

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Gary, doesn’t the Hyperdeck Shuttle record 720p59.94, in addition to 720p50?
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Gary, doesn’t the Hyperdeck Shuttle record 720p59.94, in addition to 720p50?
Cheers

It does however, I think Gary was providing clarity based on what he was interpreting from the post and that cameras would be typically be sending either 50 or 60.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Denny Smith

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am

ThanksTony.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started