Duplicator 4K and Studio Mini

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
centerpointtech

Duplicator 4K and Studio Mini

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 pm

We purchased a Duplicator 4K to record our church service, primarily as backup for our live stream to our satellite campuses. We also purchased Studio Minis for use as playback devices at those locations, as everything on the website points to these 2 devices working together in exactly this way. However, when I pull an SD card from the Duplicator and put it in the Mini, the Mini acts like there's nothing on the card. I can put the very same card into a computer and watch the MP4 file from there (yes, recording in H.264 High Quality; it matches our switcher output).

I have downloaded the most recent Studio Mini software from the BD site; when I ran it, it did not prompt me to update the firmware, which I understand means the Mini's firmware is up to date.

What do I need to do to make this system work? I want to simply record on the Duplicator and play that recording on the Mini without doing anything in between if possible. Am I missing a step? Or do these devices just not play together as well as advertised? TIA!

Xtreemtec

Re: Duplicator 4K and Studio Mini

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am

At this point there are a few issues with the H264 codec on the Hyperdeck mini.. It does only support Progressive file formats. And i'm not entirely sure if they used the same H264 structure as they did with the Duplicator.

At least something to look into. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started