WHAT CABLES TO USE TO CONNECT BMD UNITS?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

DukerDoom

WHAT CABLES TO USE TO CONNECT BMD UNITS?

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 11:44 pm

Hello all,

I am new the BMD Products. Can I make my own BNC cables to connect units or to connect cameras to BMC equipment? Are the cables OK if made out of my in stock cable spool and BNC Connectors I have on hand, like the RG6 coaxial cable and BNC 3-piece connectors? May be a little stiff, but it's what I have. Where can you find bulk cables of any type in the 18" and 24" ranges? Any other suggestions? I made 1000's of these BNC RJ6, 58 and 59 cables while doing SD Productions.

What's the best cables for BMD equipment and the the RJ45, ethernet connections, also? These internet cables can run pretty long too, right? Let me know! Thank you all, Duker @ Doom Productions

Thomas Seewald

Re: WHAT CABLES TO USE TO CONNECT BMD UNITS?

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 pm

I made some cables myself for my 1080i50 BM environment (no-name HDMI Conerters to ATEM TVS „old“, Hyperdeck Studio and Decklink Mini Recorder/Monitor) with normal BNC on RG59 which work for 50m and Neutrik HD BNC connectors at Sommer Cable Vector for runs up to 100-140m.

The Ethernet specs are aprox 90m for copper cable....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Xtreemtec

Re: WHAT CABLES TO USE TO CONNECT BMD UNITS?

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 pm

YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THE NEXT TOPIC!! ooh sorry was that too loud? :D

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54287&p=312180
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started