Video Assist with Ursa Mini Pro on Ronin - How to Record?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

costinik

Video Assist with Ursa Mini Pro on Ronin - How to Record?

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi guys,

One week ago I got my first Blackmagic camera: Ursa Mini Pro and only today the two SDI cables arrived.
The first one is short (50cm) and 3G and the second one (1m) is UHD for the 12G port.

I want to use the second one on my Ronin MX.
After many hours I finally managed to balance the camera on the Ronin MX with the flipscreen closed and now I need to figure out how to record from the Video Assist 5".
The cables are in and I tried both ports.
The signal is good but I don`t know how to record. (the button is grey - when I press nothing happens)
Is there any setting on the camera?

Please help.

Thanks!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Costin Marian
Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K
www.popotamproductions.com

Xtreemtec

Re: Video Assist with Ursa Mini Pro on Ronin - How to Record

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 10:06 pm

To record on the video assist you need a SD card in the video assist and formatted the right way. (Exfat is the best option)
Also the SD card is best if you pick one front the approved list. Otherwise you might run in trouble the card is not reconised or wont record flawless due too recording speed errors.

Also with the VA 5" you only will be able to record HD. ;)

Or you need to record into the camera for 4K. But then you have to hit the record button on the camera. The VA is not a remote for the camera.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

costinik

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 8:24 am

Xtreemtec wrote:To record on the video assist you need a SD card in the video assist and formatted the right way. (Exfat is the best option)
Also the SD card is best if you pick one front the approved list. Otherwise you might run in trouble the card is not reconised or wont record flawless due too recording speed errors.

Also with the VA 5" you only will be able to record HD. ;)

Or you need to record into the camera for 4K. But then you have to hit the record button on the camera. The VA is not a remote for the camera.

Yes, I need to record into the camera for 4K and use it as a remote to rec/play clips on the 5".
Is there a setting I`m missing?
I also tried with SD card in the VA to record but it not start on the camera too. It record only on VA (1080p).

Thanks!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Costin Marian
Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K
www.popotamproductions.com

Xtreemtec

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 2:30 pm

The VA is not a remote control for your URSA. You have to push the record button on the ursa if you want to record in the ursa!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started