Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI Input

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

tokeegee

Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI Input

PostMon Dec 03, 2018 12:15 am

I recently got and Intensity Pro (non 4k) and am having trouble getting HDMI input to work in Media Express and OBS. I want to use this card to capture my second computer's output. I've tried plugging in my PC, PS4 and Xbox 360, and I couldn't get any of them to display through the card. My only assumption is that this could be an issue with copy protection, but I really don't know much about capture devices.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Thanks for any and all responses!

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI Input

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 am

HDCP could be in play depending on the source however, it's more often than not incompatibility of video formats being sent to the device. With it being a product that is no longer on the website, I would reference you to look at the specs for the Intensity Shuttle as these formats are similar as to what the device is expecting.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

tokeegee

Re: Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI Input

PostSun Dec 09, 2018 7:33 am

I recently tried capturing a Nintendo Switch, which does not have HDCP, with my Intensity card, and still had no luck. I set the switch and the card to 720p, and I tried limited and full RGB range on the switch, to no avail. I hate to think about it, but would you think it's the card itself that's the issue?

Return to Getting Started