Audio out of sync

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

johnricardnyc

Audio out of sync

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 3:51 am

My first post here.

I have used the BMPCC for many years, with great results. I'm the new owner of a BMPCC 4k and I'm having an issue with audio being out of sync with the video. I am recording in ProRes 422 at 1K resolution. I am not sure exactly which SD card I am using, as I have several and I didn't make a note of which one I used. My camera is not set to stop recording if a frame is dropped. I am using a Zoom F1 mic plugged into the 3.5mm jack of the camera and the audio is not in sync with the video. To the best of my knowledge, everything on the camera is set to 24fps. And the "offset recording" feature is set to off. I have the HFR button also set to 24fps, which I am assuming means it doesn't matter at all if I push the button because the camera will record exactly the same whether it is pushed or not.

This is a You Tube link to a sample clip straight out of the camera:

This is a WeTransfer link to the clip straight out of the camera: https://we.tl/t-2GcNrPPw2X

The clip is under a 1 minute long. The only thing I can think of is that the card was too slow -but I don't recall seeing any indication on screen of dropped frames. Could there be another explanation for the sync issue?

Return to Getting Started