Mini Monitor 4K doesn't want to work at all...

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Googloiss

Mini Monitor 4K doesn't want to work at all...

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi, I'm having some strange issues and bugs with my new decklink mini monitor 4K...

So, the card is successfully recognized by my computer (Windows 10, if I go to the device manager it is present and functioning), and by BM desktop video setup (I downloaded and installed the last update), but if I run Premiere Pro CC 2019, and I go to the video playback devices, blackmagic is an option and in its settings there's "decklink mini monitor 4K", but it's grayed out and unselectable... why?

Then I closed Premiere and I chose to go first with BM software... So I tried to open media express, but every time I do it after turning on my computer, the program crashes, and when I close the process in the task manager, it remains in the background processes and it's not terminable... Then if I try to open media express again this message appears: "blackmagic hardware could not be found in your system. Please check the installation", which means that (if I correctly understand the other topics about that) the video card is already open in some other software, in fact media express has remained in the background processes as I said before... At this point I tried to shutdown the computer but something strange has occurred: the whole system actually shutdowns (windows, the fans), except for the motherboard and the power button (at least by seeing my transparent case)... So to shutdown them I have to keep pressed the power button, it's the only way... I have an Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro.
And then, with the computer restarted, the same things happen again.

What should I do? It's a windows bug? I have no idea how to solve this... Thank you!

Googloiss

Re: Mini Monitor 4K doesn't want to work at all...

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 12:21 am

No one who can help me? Even the blackmagic assistance has not yet answered me...

maxpheus

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 5:45 pm

I have the exact same problem;
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85103&p=472449#p472449

do you have a solution yet?

Googloiss

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 pm

maxpheus wrote:I have the exact same problem;
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85103&p=472449#p472449

do you have a solution yet?

Forgive the very very late answer.

The card that I had was broken, Blackmagic assistance replaced it for me in a very short time and with the new one I hadn't those issues anymore!

Return to Getting Started