Data Recovery

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

IRONFLASH

Data Recovery

PostMon Dec 31, 2018 1:33 am

Recorder 4 interviews on 12/28/2018 on a BlackMagic Mini Ursa Pro with the new Raw Codex (.braw). All files recorded fine to camera. Was able to see them just fine when uploading to hard drive. (using an iMac on latest XO/Mojave) Watched the upload process start. It showed an hour to transfer. Came back in an hour woke the computer up and there was an error stating "Disk Not Ejected Correctly". Some files transferred fine but not all files transferred. The disk will not mount now and showing 3 options: Initialize/ Cancel/ Eject.

The Hard Drives apparently went to sleep when the computer went to sleep during the hour transfer time. I’ve seen all the files. 20 or 30% of the file/clips transferred before the Computer/Hard Drive went to sleep. I have placed the clips into DaVinci Resolved and they work just fine. I know the files recorded fine to the CFAST card.

So now comes the question, what sort of recovery software should I use?

Jack Fairley

Re: Data Recovery

PostThu Jan 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Sounds like partition table issue. Try Testdisk, definitely do not initialize it.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

IRONFLASH

Re: Data Recovery

PostThu Jan 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Thx. I ending up going to OnTrack a data recovery company. Got a quote today!

Return to Getting Started