h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

maneyact

h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 11:48 am

Hi,

My first post here.

Can someone please tell me if the H.264 Pro Recorder has a power "On" indicator light or not? I have purchased one second hand and it is not recognised by either a Mac or PC (Windows 10) PC.

I can plug the unit in and I get the tones indicating a USB product is plugged in. That's all I get. Desktop Video Utility doesn't find any device and Media Express has the recorder dulled out.

I do not have any indication on the unit at all that there is power. There is a small hole above the 12v input that I would expect to see something but nadda . Nothing happening at all.

Can someone point me in the right direction if it's something I'm missing.

Cheers, Scott.

Denny Smith

Re: h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 am

The small hole should have a light showing through it. No light, not power to the recorder.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

srbh41413

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 12:20 am

I had the same concern at first use. Take care that the white light is seen looking at the "edge" of the device; where the connectors are. Between the power connection and USB. There's also a small hole on the top which I first thought was the 'power on window'.

Denny Smith

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 5:43 am

Take the recorder into a dimly lit space,and the light will be easily seen, the white LED is on t(e board behind the hole, the hole itself is not an indicator light. As previously noted,Mtge light is hard to see sometimes.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started