Blackmagic Video Assist 4K

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

mingusen

Blackmagic Video Assist 4K

PostMon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi there
I'm trying to output a video feed from the Video Assist 4K to a LED TV for my customers to get a live feed of what I'm looking at. For some reason, however, I can't get the monitor to output via HDMI out to the TV.

Does anyone know why that might be?

The monitor is set to output through HDMI and I have tried the exact same setup, with the same cables, but routing it through an Atomos instead, which works fine. It's just when I connect it to my Video Assist 4K that it doesn't seem to work.

roger.magnusson

Re: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Judging by your name I guess your in a PAL country and use 25fps. Some TV:s can't display that and the signal needs to be in a 50Hz format instead (but it can still contain 25fps of course).

Xtreemtec

Re: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 pm

What was the resolution and framerate reported from the Atomos? :)

Also Atomos has an option to downscale to HD when inputting 4K. Might be that it was enabled..(Going that you might run 4K video??)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started