SD Card not recognized in Video Assist 4K

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Arian Wichmann

SD Card not recognized in Video Assist 4K

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi,

I just got my Video Assist 4k and tried to load in my SD card. I have a few old ones lying around that work with the device (as in they get recognized by it, not necessarily are fast enough) but I also have a new one that the device doesn't recognize when I put it in.

It's a SanDisk Extreme PRO 256 GB SDXC UHS-I with max 95mb/s - according to the list of recommended cards it should work but it somehow doesn't. The card works in my other devices flawlessly (card reader, laptop, dslr). Any ideas what might be the cause? Do I need to buy another one?

Brad Hurley

Re: SD Card not recognized in Video Assist 4K

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Probably due to the recent changes in SanDisk SD cards that make them unreadable in the original Pocket, the Micro Cinema Camera, and the Video Assists; see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Denny Smith

Re: SD Card not recognized in Video Assist 4K

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm

The VA 4K has a SD UHS II buss, while it works with the older SD UHS I cards, for HD recording, for best results use the newer UHS II SD cards that are on the list. The new SanDisk SD UHS I 95mb/s cards are not working on any BM device at this time.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started