Am I more stupid than I thought?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Al_hansen

Am I more stupid than I thought?

PostFri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi,

I've just signed up to this forum because I feel like I'm losing my mind.

After several intense days of searching forums and googling like a madman I still can't figure out what I need to buy in order to connect a Desktop Mac Pro (2013 black dustbin variety) to an Eizo CG279X (or Eizo CG248-4K) so I can grade footage in UHD (or 4k)

I feel like a total idiot at the moment.

I can see I would need some kind of a video card / interface to go between the Mac and the monitor but, from my understanding, the UltraStudio Mini Monitor will only transmit an HD signal, which would make having a 4k monitor a bit pointless, and the only other option I can see is an UltraStudio 4K (which is £800).

Since the Mac Pro has such a dumb design I'd need an external card / interface.

Anyway, I would be massively grateful if someone could let me know if this is right? i.e that my only option is to fork out the £800.

Thanks again for any suggestions and apologies if this is a really stupid question. :)

Al

Jack Fairley

Re: Am I more stupid than I thought?

PostTue Mar 26, 2019 12:51 am

You could use an external PCIe card enclosure and a DeckLink card, and connect by Thunderbolt. There may be new monitoring options (or not) at NAB, too.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Return to Getting Started