looking for software alternatives

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

terminaltrip421

looking for software alternatives

PostTue Mar 26, 2019 3:28 am

I know that a number of software options that work with the mini recorder 4k are mentioned somewhere but I'm looking to hopefully find one that meets specific needs. most importantly would be one where I could set the bitrate while recording. preferably with the ability to set it at a few hundred Mbps. the accompanying software recording at a few thousand is too much for any drive I've tried, the fastest that I'm capable of getting being an USB3.2 SSD. and that's with the lowest available settings with said software -- 8-bit for both 1080p60 (lowest available 1080p frame rate) and 2160p24.

optimally freeware if possible, but also lightweight either by default to not or an option to not display the stream as it records as that obviously eats resources.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

terminaltrip421

media express ProRes or quality adjustmet?

PostSun Apr 14, 2019 11:37 pm

I would have sworn ProRes was originally an option for capturing with Media Express, was I just confusing the Quicktime one for it? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it comes back with old settings saved which begs the question how can I fully remove it so it doesn't revert back to exactly where it was before uninstalling (windows 10)? and lastly the button next to selected codec says quality but not one codec I have available allows the button to be selectable.

as I said in the other thread I'm trying to capture at a more manageable bitrate/ filesize. would someone be able to help me with that please?

Return to Getting Started