Blackmagic Design Software Licensing

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jim Hall

Blackmagic Design Software Licensing

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Interested in the BMD video workflow. Have a BDPCC4K on order which will give me the Resolve Studio license.

Have a number of questions regarding Fusion as I've heard many conflicting statements regarding the Fusion license. Some of them are:

1. Fusion is now integrated into Resolve, therefore Fusion standalone is going away. Now that Fusion 16 has been released, that seems less likely to happen.

2. Resolve Studio license also works for Fusion license. Not sure if this is true or not.

What are the notable differences of standalone Fusion version versus the Fusion integrated into Resolve?

Basically, my main question is it necessary to buy both Studio versions (although one will be included with the camera purchase)?
RS 16.1.2, Win 10 Pro, AMD 2990WX (32C/64T), 128GB, RTX2080Ti x 2
RS 16.1.2, Mojave 10.14.6, Xeon (6C/12T), 64GB, FirePro D700 x 2

madterol

Re: Blackmagic Design Software Licensing

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 am

Fusion only works on dongle version

Marcel Terol
Marcel Terol

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Blackmagic Design Software Licensing

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 am

When your camera arrives it will have an activation key for DaVinci Resolve Studio. While this is not applicable for Fusion Studio you do have 99% of the Fusion Studio feature in Resolve Studio and the few differences are listed on this page.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... on/compare
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to Getting Started