Looking for "blackmagic streaming drivers" for MXPtiny

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Hessel Baartse

Looking for "blackmagic streaming drivers" for MXPtiny

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 am

Installed MXPTiny on my PC and when I run it, it comes up with an error message stating that the application requires "blackmagic streaming drivers" installed.
I searched the whole forum for an answer and the same question has been asked once without a reply, which seems strange as I understand that this application is popular with users of the old TVS.
I do have the Blackmagic software installed on my PC but take it that this does not include the required drivers.
Hessel Baartse

Xtreemtec

Re: Looking for "blackmagic streaming drivers" for MXPtiny

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 8:58 am

Go to your Task manager and see if the service is running. It should automatically start up when you boot your computer.

It is installed by default with the Atem or DesktopVideo software. Now i think of it.. Back in the days Atem software also installed Decklink drivers and Media Express.. But they stopped doing that with later releases of the Atem software.. So it might be a part of the Desktop Video driver setup. ;)

BMDStreamingServer.png
BMDStreamingServer.png (18.91 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Hessel Baartse

Re: Looking for "blackmagic streaming drivers" for MXPtiny

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks Daniel for your prompt reply. BMDStreamingServer.exe was not running so I downloaded Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Windows_11.1 and installed that with the result that BMDStreamingServer.exe is now running and MXPtiny is happy.

Hartelijk bedankt.
Hessel Baartse

Return to Getting Started