No Desktop Video Device Detected

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

fetidchasm

No Desktop Video Device Detected

PostSat Jun 01, 2019 11:41 pm

So, last week, I've had no issues with my Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt. As I've updated my iOS and updated to 11.2, I am met with the dreaded, "No Desktop Video Device Detected". I remember seeing a window for a firmware update last week and it failed, no big deal, didn't go through with it, and everything worked. Alas, here I am, with a $240 paper weight and 7-8 hours of research to no avail. If ANYONE has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I am working off a 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch. Thunderbolt Intensity Shuttle. Mainly using composite inputs for analog synth capture. I'm lost and since it is the weekend, I can't talk to anybody over the phone.

Stewart Fairweather

Re: No Desktop Video Device Detected

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 am

Getting the same thing with mine - USB3 Shuttle - this week too, but on PC, with latest 'Desktop Video' download.

Drivers show as 'unsigned', Shuttle shows in Device Manager with warning on icon, and 'No Desktop Video Device Detected' showing in the control panel applet.

SamBroggs

Re: No Desktop Video Device Detected

PostThu Jul 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Same for me, BM Mini Monitor wasnt working anymore. Now my Thunderbolt port is even unusable. Had to buy Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 to get any monitor connected. But I cant connect it to my MBP "no device detected".
mbp late 2012, 16gb ram, 2,6ghz, geforce GT650M, davinci resolve 15

Return to Getting Started