DeckLink Mini Recorder not showing 1080p30 as format

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

raullapeira

DeckLink Mini Recorder not showing 1080p30 as format

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm

I am trying to get a Decklink Mini recorder and I can not see the higher quality formats in the driver selection screens, I updated to the last versions of the driver, restarted the PC, made a 360 flip, write a book, plant a tree... it just wont show.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (10.3 KiB) Viewed 4871 times

raullapeira

Re: DeckLink Mini Recorder not showing 1080p30 as format

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 am

Is there an official support from Blackmagic in this boards? or are we supported to self-support ourselves?

Denny Smith

PostMon Jun 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Yes and no. For official support on a specific question contact BMD Support directly.
It appears it does support 1080p30, if the device yiu are recording from can output a 1080p30 signal.
See: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... s/W-DLK-06
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

raullapeira

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 10:46 pm

2 months later and this problem is still pending, support just says the screen I share is from old drivers... so support does not know how its own software behaves.

When you use Open Broadcaster Software with a Blackmagic as input that driver shows up and that is clearly on the Blackmagic driver... not related with OBS... has someone figured this out (not the official support crew it seems).

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 pm

The support agent you spoke with would be correct that the drivers are from an older version of Desktop Video builds. For others to provide additional help, it would be beneficial to know the OS the computer is running as well as the version of Desktop Video installed. If the version of your third party application is newer than the version of Desktop Video, it's highly likely that this could be an issue with source detection.

Also of note, there are limitations on formats the device will support. Denny mentioned it in his post above but I'll repost a link to the DeckLink Mini Recorder.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Return to Getting Started