GPU OpenCL

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

izan_larumbe

GPU OpenCL

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi, i am a new davinci user.

I really wanted to use this because after effects is not my type...

The problem: When i run Resolve 15 it says i need to upgrade my GPU.

When i changed the config it said that i didnt have any OpenCL capable thingy...

My Specs:

6 Gb of RAM.
Intel(r) HD Graphics 3000 (512mb Vram)
500 GB Storage (100GB already used)

All drivers are updated.

Is there a way to use resolve with no OpenCL?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: GPU OpenCL

PostSun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 am

Hi, your system is quite underpowered for DaVinci Resolve. How old is it? What type of system?

Please see some minimum requirements here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

zaphyr

Re: GPU OpenCL

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 1:21 pm

I am new to DaVinci as well. I want to test things out before investing in new hardware and investing in the Studio edition.

I have a laptop with a Core i7-2640M with the integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics. (This graphics card is not capatible with OpenCL 1.2 which is the minimum requirement for Resolve 16). I recently upgraded to Window 10 trying to get Resolve to run; I have 8 GB RAM, and sufficient HDD space.

Is there an older version of Resolve that is capable of running on my machine which is only capable of using OpenCL 1.1?

I have the option of doing final rendering on a different machine that is OpenCL capable, but that machine will need to be updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 before I'll be able to install Resolve.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Return to DaVinci Resolve