What GB Card will work with Video Assist Black Magic?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

seanpfett

What GB Card will work with Video Assist Black Magic?

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 4:51 am

Hello,
What GB Card will work with Video Assist Black Magic? Also what is the largest GB Card I can get for my video assist black magic. I bought a 64 gb card that was on the list of approved cards and it did not work with my video assist. What GB Card should I be buying.

Brad Hurley

Re: What GB Card will work with Video Assist Black Magic?

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 pm

I assume you have the 5" Video Assist, not the 7" 4K model?

The same SD card compatibility issues faced by the original Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera are also faced by the 5" Video Assist; this thread provides some good information on which ones are working in the Pocket and thus should also work in the Video Assist. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91479

The short answer is that there are very few cards on the market today that will work. There's one 512 gigabyte card from SanDisk (you have to get that exact model) that works, and it looks like some of the Sony ones will work. SanDisk recommends their (expensive) UHS-II 300 mb/s cards, but I've seen at least one report that they don't work so I'm not sure about those. They are readily available but about twice the cost of the older ones.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Return to Getting Started