Streaming Intensity Extreme

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

proservice

Streaming Intensity Extreme

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Dear forum, I need to know if can I use Intensity Extremme Thunderbolt with Adobe Flash Media encoder for streaing live video

please help me
thanks
Ernesto Pavon
:ugeek:

Jim Sustacek

Re: Streaming Intensity Extreme

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes, you can. At least, we have done it. There are some limitations we found:

First, your streaming frame rate in FMLE must match the source frame rate -- in the case of the Blackmagic products, this will generally be 50, 59.94, or 60 FPS. Unfortunately this also seems to increase the program's CPU/memory consumption.

Second, we saw some mysterious stream stopping/restarting after 30 seconds. Seemed to be tied to the audio track, as when we disabled the audio, it went away. (This may have been an oddity specific to us, as I haven't seen it discussed elsewhere.)

You could also route the Blackmagic video through a program like CamTwist first (and/or the audio through something like LineIn) to avoid these problems, but that could create new sync issues.

We eventually settled on purchasing Wirecast for $450, as that seems to interface flawlessly with Blackmagic products.

Return to Getting Started