Canera update URSA mini first gen please !

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Tieske123

Canera update URSA mini first gen please !

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

I would love that there are some new camera updates coming for the Ursa mini 4,6k.
The first gen cameras. I stuck with the latest update for years now.
Please make some nice improvements on those cameras aswell because there are a lot out there still working in the field !!

rick.lang

Re: Canera update URSA mini first gen please !

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

I agree that would be a ‘nice to have’ but my UM4.6K continues to be a wonderful workhorse in spite of the age of the camera and the limitations it has compared to much newer cameras. Even the BMPCC4K has been great as well as its functionality continues to be significantly updated.
Rick Lang

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

To be honest… to me, nah…

I had a firmware on my Ursa Mini Pro G1 that gave me braw and CDNG at same time and ProRes…
This give me the best of every world.

What could you offert to me to loose this?

More iso? No, are all virtual iso
Custom safe area ? I not need it

Better sensor calibration? No I tested camera with every different firmware in a controlled situation and when I underexpose I had exactly the same FPN.

Better color ? No, shooting my braw like this I had good cs4 science that are interpreted like cs5 in resolve.

I did a lut to preview picture with cs5 for my ursa and work fine aligned to my pockets 6k.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

VMFXBV

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:To be honest… to me, nah…

I had a firmware on my Ursa Mini Pro G1 that gave me braw and CDNG at same time and ProRes…

Better sensor calibration? No I tested camera with every different firmware in a controlled situation and when I underexpose I had exactly the same FPN.

Better color ? No, shooting my braw like this I had good cs4 science that are interpreted like cs5 in resolve.

I did a lut to preview picture with cs5 for my ursa and work fine aligned to my pockets 6k.

He's talking about the first gen Ursa 4.6K not the G1. Its lacking Gen5 or even Gen4 ProRes so users who want Gen4 are forced to use CinemaDNG. Not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice for ProRes to get updated to Gen4 at least. Not holding my breath that will happen though. If my UM46K will break I will probably switch to KomodoX or something. Gotten to used to the fast read out of the UM46K, everything that came after seems jelly.
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
AMD Radeon 7900XTX
Ursa Mini 4.6K
Pocket 4K

carlomacchiavello

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 pm

VMFXBV wrote:
carlomacchiavello wrote:To be honest… to me, nah…

He's talking about the first gen Ursa 4.6K not the G1. Its lacking Gen5 or even Gen4 ProRes so users who want Gen4 are forced to use CinemaDNG. Not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice for ProRes to get updated to Gen4 at least. Not holding my breath that will happen though. If my UM46K will break I will probably switch to KomodoX or something. Gotten to used to the fast read out of the UM46K, everything that came after seems jelly.
Sorry I misread

Tieske123

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 5:23 pm

Thanx a lot peeps. I don't think there will be an update ever again for my Ursa Mini 1e gen :roll:

Johannes Jonsson

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 5:36 pm

Same for my old huge but lovely 7,5kg original URSA 4k V2, still have it up and running and still using it for some cases, mostly sensor cal comes to my mind as a new and welcoming addition.
Still love that camera.
Johannes

Return to Cinematography