6K RAW X7 & Ursa 4.6

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Darko Djerich

6K RAW X7 & Ursa 4.6

PostFri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 am

Guys,

am i the only one so excited about this drone set up (Inspire 2 + X7) to use along URSA 4.6K.
Set to obtain drone license in Jan and scrape the money for this gem.
Can this replace all the trucks and heavy jibs, is this really revolution and future in filmmaking ??

Also i don't get license you have to buy and DNG RAW i thought Apple released this license ?
Drone and camera itself is not that expensive but lenses and extras add to this set up and pushing it to
AUD $30K or more..hope price comes down a bit soon...

Any thoughts?
Artist
Creative Film Enterprises Pty Ltd
creativefilm.com.au
ARRI Alexa EV, ALEXA Plus, MBP M3Pro, iMac5k i7 48gb AERO 5 OLED rtx3070ti BMD eGPU phase one p40+, UM4.6 ef bmcc ef bmpcc, speed editor, Ultrastudio mini 4k dji Inspire RAW 4K

Uli Plank

Re: 6K RAW X7 & Ursa 4.6

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 am

Which license do you mean? Apple has nothing to do with DNG, it was Adobe who made it.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Darko Djerich

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Well both of them , what I am saying it all adds up to get Cinema kit.
I was referring to Prores cos they sell Prores license separately or DNG RAW & Prores as combo.
Black magic didn't charge us DNG RAW license to use BMCC even if it was $2000 camera so basically what i am saying this is cool drone i think huge game changer just bit out of reach at the moment for most of indies.
But not just license ,but proprietary lens & SSD drives,docks,which are also very expensive.
On the other hand I2 with X5S premium package is affordable and comes with licenses and still very capable 5.2K camera with 12.8 stops and you can mount nice zoom lenses for $300

Anyways,my point is that this is awesome add to BMD cameras on set.
Artist
creativefilm.com.au
ARRI Alexa EV, ALEXA Plus, MBP M3Pro, iMac5k i7 48gb AERO 5 OLED rtx3070ti BMD eGPU phase one p40+, UM4.6 ef bmcc ef bmpcc, speed editor, Ultrastudio mini 4k dji Inspire RAW 4K

Robert Niessner

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 2:43 pm

I think the license costs have nothing to do with Apple or Adobe. It is just DJI trying to make extra cash. Proprietary SSD drives are maybe used for greater reliability (just search this forum for troubles with SSDs). And it is easier to minimize troubles and find bugs if you control which SSDs your customers are using than if the used type of SSD adds another unknown variable.

The lenses are built for low weight - from that perspective it makes sense to have proprietary ones. Plus they can charge more for them ;-)

Never forget: Companies are in this game for earning money, not for enabling indies.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Darko Djerich

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Robert Niessner wrote:I think the license costs have nothing to do with Apple or Adobe. It is just DJI trying to make extra cash. Proprietary SSD drives are maybe used for greater reliability (just search this forum for troubles with SSDs). And it is easier to minimize troubles and find bugs if you control which SSDs your customers are using than if the used type of SSD adds another unknown variable.

The lenses are built for low weight - from that perspective it makes sense to have proprietary ones. Plus they can charge more for them ;-)

Never forget: Companies are in this game for earning money, not for enabling indies.

Agreed with all your comments and yes lenses are purpose built with ND filter and can be controlled via remote wheel i get it and spending AUD $25 - 30K is well worth investment and this is very exciting future.

Way things are going indies will have soon regardless $3K Phantom 5 or 6 Pro or similar brand in 8K filming on micro SD card.
Artist
creativefilm.com.au

Darko Djerich

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Gets even better latest footage posted from Italy week ago !

Artist
creativefilm.com.au

Robert Niessner

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 1:08 pm

To be honest: I found the Italy footage a bit underwhelming. Just watch all those footage with the audio turned off - otherwise the epic music hides a lot.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Darko Djerich

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Robert Niessner wrote:To be honest: I found the Italy footage a bit underwhelming. Just watch all those footage with the audio turned off - otherwise the epic music hides a lot.

I have to agree again with you, however !
After lots of research lately, i think what is happening is that most of this shots on youtube are filmed in h.264 or h.265
It is because of the cost of propriatry accessories and licenses involved to shoot RAW and computing power to edit 6K RAW we don't see full picture.
This is how the most beautiful footage comes from Inspire 1 V2 X5R that I ve seen so far as there is no restriction to film RAW on this drone, comes with built in SSD and fast lens. So guys are able to actually process the footage.
See here :

Sleeper deal at DJI now discounted !!!

This combo comes with a lots duel controller,4K RAW,SSD, lens and actually no licenses involved .
I have finally added this to my arsenal this evening after so much research and this is more then I even dreamt for this price ,I think it is real steal deal. Inspire 2 and X7 is nice but to get it to this level of capability it gets to $30k +
I added follow focus wheel to this package all up was AUD $6200 .
Note this records 4K RAW 16 bit

Now I can relax and forget about cameras for while .
Ursa mini 4.6 on the ground and Inspire 1 V2 X5R in the air and P2 HERO 3 black for practice .

Merry Christmas !
Artist
creativefilm.com.au

Return to Cinematography