BMPCC 4k General issues, bug reports, Feature requests

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Cameron Porter

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I wasn't able to find a topic that compiled all the issues users are having with the camera. Not sure if BMD or other users will find this useful but if so, here we go.

I'm loving the footage so far but I've run into a couple of things.

-shooting on the transcend 256gb c-fast 2.0 card (which is on the BMD approved media list for the PCC4k), at 4k uncompressed raw at 60fps, it will begin to drop frames consistently between 6 and 7 seconds. 3:1 works fine as does every other record setting.

-the stills button is somewhat recessed into the body, which makes it difficult to snap a quick still. The only way I've been able to use the still button is by using my fingernail to push it down.

-also related to stills but probably easier to address is that the only indication that a still was taken is a tiny camera icon will flash in the corner of the screen. I recognize that this is not a stills camera, but I feel that having the screen flash to black or maybe being able to toggle the sound of a shutter on to let the operator know the still has taken would improve the usability of the camera.

-several recordings I've taken have had audio sync issues, where the clip is synced when it starts, but it's as if the video is 1% faster than the audio, because the longer the clip goes on the more out of sync they get. I have no idea how to replicate this issue, since other clips shot immediately after and without changing any settings are perfectly fine.

Are other users running into these issues? Any workarounds or fixes already? I know there's also an issue with T5 ssd's, and high levels of noise with the 3.5mm mic input. I have not personally had those issues though. If there are any other issues or feature requests people have for the camera feel free to add them here.
Last edited by Cameron Porter on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamTV

Re: BMPCC 4k General issues, bug reports, Update requests

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Does BM have a “bug” reporting mechanism like most “beta tests”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameron Porter

Re: BMPCC 4k General issues, bug reports, Update requests

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

For their software products they do. For cameras and other equipment there's email and phone support options here:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

Those aren't really appropriate for update and feature requests, though.

Robert Niessner

Re: BMPCC 4k General issues, bug reports, Feature requests

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Cameron Porter wrote:-shooting on the transcend 256gb c-fast 2.0 card (which is on the BMD approved media list for the PCC4k), at 4k uncompressed raw at 60fps, it will begin to drop frames consistently between 6 and 7 seconds. 3:1 works fine as does every other record setting..

Just a note on this, because this topic gets mentioned over and over:

That is not a thing or problem with the camera. No single CFast 2.0 card ever had been able to record uncompressed 4k raw at 60fps. This has been stated in the manuals, this has been stated on the official list of approved media and one could do some simple math on ones own that this can't work out.

So this is not an issue with the camera, but a restriction of the currently available media standards.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Cameron Porter

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm

No single CFast 2.0 card ever had been able to record uncompressed 4k raw at 60fps. This has been stated in the manuals, this has been stated on the official list of approved media and one could do some simple math on ones own that this can't work out.

I did what seemed like a reasonable amount of homework before purchasing the card; first, I checked the approved media list, which I do not recall stating that cfast 2.0 cards could not record uncompressed 4k. I then checked the product page of the Transcend card, which lists a maximum write speed of 370 MB/s, which in my previous experience means it should be able to sustain write speeds of 270 MB/s which is the max data rate listed on the Pocket 4k's product page.

If those numbers are wrong, then fine, but please don't imply that I'm just lazy and didn't think through my purchase.

At any rate, I'm far more concerned about the audio sync issue, as it is continuing to happen, and I cannot see any pattern as to what causes it to happen and what doesn't.

EDIT: I need to eat crow a bit, because after going back to the approved media list, it does in fact say that the cfast 2.0 cards are approved for uncompressed 4k DCI, but only up to 30 frames per second. However, this brings up another issue, because nowhere on the list is any media that IS approved for uncompressed 4k DCI up to 60fps...so...why is the camera enabled for uncompressed 4k DCI raw up to 60fps at all?
Last edited by Cameron Porter on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig Sawyer

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Received two brand new Blackmagic batteries. Charged both batteries overnight, this morning both show a charge of 0% / 7.2V on the screen, but they act as if they are actually fully charged (left the camera recording to SSD for 25 mins with 0% showing throughout)...
URSA Mini Pro G1, BMPCC6K x 2, BMPCC4K, ATEM Mini Pro

Dean Fisher

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Cameron Porter wrote:
No single CFast 2.0 card ever had been able to record uncompressed 4k raw at 60fps. This has been stated in the manuals, this has been stated on the official list of approved media and one could do some simple math on ones own that this can't work out.

I did what seemed like a reasonable amount of homework before purchasing the card; first, I checked the approved media list, which I do not recall stating that cfast 2.0 cards could not record uncompressed 4k. I then checked the product page of the Transcend card, which lists a maximum write speed of 370 MB/s, which in my previous experience means it should be able to sustain write speeds of 270 MB/s which is the max data rate listed on the Pocket 4k's product page.
The media page doesn't explicitly say it CAN'T record uncompressed 60fps, but it doesn't say it CAN. The CFast section says the listed media is recommended for recording "for recording 4K DCI Lossless RAW up to 30 fps. Also, I believe the data rate of 272MB/s for DNG Raw applies to 24/30fps playback. When you shoot 60fps, you are effectively doubling that rate per real second. I could be technically wrong but I think that's the gist.

Robert Niessner

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Dean Fisher wrote:The media page doesn't explicitly say it CAN'T record uncompressed 60fps, but it doesn't say it CAN. The CFast section says the listed media is recommended for recording "for recording 4K DCI Lossless RAW up to 30 fps. Also, I believe the data rate of 272MB/s for DNG Raw applies to 24/30fps playback. When you shoot 60fps, you are effectively doubling that rate per real second. I could be technically wrong but I think that's the gist.

You got it right.

On the tech specs on behalf of the data rates it is stated:
Storage rates based on 30 frames per second.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Cameron Porter

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm

The media page doesn't explicitly say it CAN'T record uncompressed 60fps, but it doesn't say it CAN. The CFast section says the listed media is recommended for recording "for recording 4K DCI Lossless RAW up to 30 fps. Also, I believe the data rate of 272MB/s for DNG Raw applies to 24/30fps playback. When you shoot 60fps, you are effectively doubling that rate per real second. I could be technically wrong but I think that's the gist.

Yep, I think you posted this at almost exactly the same time I made the edit to my comment and it looks like we found the same thing.

I'd be interested if anyone else has experienced the AV sync issue I've described. I'm working with BMD support right now to see if it's just user error but if anyone else has found a fix for it I'd love to know about it.

Robert Niessner

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Is it possible that you while operating the camera accidentally hit the HFR button? You might not notice because depending how you have setup your camera it might just show 25/25 fps then and all seems ok. But in OFFSPEED mode the audio is not sync locked to the video anymore.

Happened to me a couple of times that I hit the HFR button by chance.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Cameron Porter

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 pm

That could be. That was the first thought that BMD support had as well. I've always done my best to make sure that the offspeed frame rate was toggled off, and each time I've checked it has been off.

What I may try doing is experimenting with different frame rates; I've shot everything at true 24 so far, so I'll try out 23.98, 29.97, etc. to see if it occurs in those conditions as well.

Anything else I can experiment with while I'm at it? Thanks for your help, by the way.

Robert Niessner

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 pm

Have those audio issues been with all codec options or only with specific ones?
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Cameron Porter

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 4:05 pm

I've only noticed it on Prores HQ, but I haven't recorded anything longer than ~30 seconds in DNG. When I get a chance I'll spend some time trying out different frame rates and codecs.

The annoying thing is how gradual the sync issue happens; it means the clip has to be a couple minutes long before it's easy to tell if it's out sync, and since it doesn't happen every single time even on my current settings it means I need to test each codec + framerate combination at least four times to confidently say whether it's affected.

I'll post my results after I finish testing.

rick.lang

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Holding my breath for these results. That would be a disaster for me, if the cause isn’t identified conclusively, for event recording where one clip could be 30 minutes or more.

Rick Lang

Tristan Pemberton

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Cameron Porter wrote:-several recordings I've taken have had audio sync issues, where the clip is synced when it starts, but it's as if the video is 1% faster than the audio, because the longer the clip goes on the more out of sync they get. I have no idea how to replicate this issue, since other clips shot immediately after and without changing any settings are perfectly fine.

I've discovered this as well.

Was happening when shooting UHD 2160 & HD 1080 ProRes422 25fps (off-speed = off). I was shooting a bunch of pieces directly to camera (with autocue) that were up to 40mins duration.
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

John Paines

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Something to be aware of: you may start out 3 frames out of sync, which is not uncommon for playback in Resolve (15.2 has an audio delay feature, to deal with it). Depending on the material, you may or may not notice.

Anyway, how much recording time has to elapse (the minimum) before the sync loss is obvious? The more specific the information, the easier it is for the rest of us to test.

Ryan Payne

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 12:35 am

Could you be dropping frames? Or is the stop recording feature on?

John Brawley

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 12:52 am

Cameron Porter wrote:
-several recordings I've taken have had audio sync issues, where the clip is synced when it starts, but it's as if the video is 1% faster than the audio, because the longer the clip goes on the more out of sync they get. I have no idea how to replicate this issue, since other clips shot immediately after and without changing any settings are perfectly fine.

Sounds an awful lot like the O/S button was tagged.

You can have (for example) a 25 FPS project base and then flick the O/S button and select 25 FPS and you'll get precisely this result.

Maybe check from now on for the tiny hard to see "O/S" on the status screen top left.

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

John Paines

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 1:04 am

Convenient as the HFR button is, it's probably a mistake -- too easy to hit by accident, and the change in display is easily missed, if you're not looking for it. Best thing might be for firmware to offer an option to disable it or wire it to something else, like the function keys.

John Brawley

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 am

John Paines wrote:Convenient as the HFR button is, it's probably a mistake -- too easy to hit by accident, and the change in display is easily missed, if you're not looking for it. Best thing might be for firmware to offer an option to disable it or wire it to something else, like the function keys.

I usually leave the HFR rate to something obviously higher (or lower) than the project rate I'm shooting so I know when I hit it accidently (which I've done)

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

Tristan Pemberton

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 am

John Brawley wrote:
Cameron Porter wrote:

Sounds an awful lot like the O/S button was tagged.

You can have (for example) a 25 FPS project base and then flick the O/S button and select 25 FPS and you'll get precisely this result.

Maybe check from now on for the tiny hard to see "O/S" on the status screen top left.

JB

I discovered that one quite a while ago with URSA 4.6k - off-speed set to same frame rate as project frame rate - so I'm careful not to make the same mistake.

This problem is something different. It's a random problem where some clips lose audio/video sync. It's approximately one frame per 2 mins. And that's very consistent in a clip when it occurs. I was finding if I went along the whole timeline, and trimmed one frame of audio every 2mins, the whole clip looked more or less in sync.

I did a shoot last week with 20-40min single recordings - approximately 30 in total. The camera was never powered off the whole day - no settings were changed once it was setup and test records made (and played back - about 20secs).

The problem seems to be completely random. One clip would have a sync problem, and then the next clip back-to-back wouldn't. Editing in Resolve 15.2. Playing the clips in Quicktime, the sync issues are there.

Stop recoding on frame drop = on
Off-speed recording = off
UHD ProRes422 25fps recording to CFast2.0
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

rick.lang

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Tristan, if it’s about one frame every two minutes, when you load a 40’ clip on the Timeline, are you seeing the unedited audio track extend almost one second longer than the ProRes video track?

If the duration of the video and audio tracks are different at least this could be seen on the Timeline very readily by zooming in all the way at the end of each audio track.

When on the Media Page, not the Edit Page, is there a way to check the clip duration of the audio track in the source viewer versus the video track. One can display either audio or video in the source viewer, so I’d like to verify that the problem still appears there. And if it is longer there, I suppose one could scrub through playback on the camera to verify the audio is out of sync in camera which would put the blame solely on the camera as everyone suspects of course.

This would just prove that the problem is not some weirdness creeping in due to a fault on the Edit Page or Media Page of DaVinci Resolve.

Rick Lang

BMPCC4KIT

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Feature functions request:
-EBU Bars generator (probably in slate page).

Danny Wincott

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 6:46 pm

I have a dead pixel on my sensor and I also have a high pitched frequecy coming from the fan vents, which is audible when using the onboard mics.
Also, the battery indicator is all over the place, camera shuts off at random levels.
There are definitley other bugs in the software too that need ironing out.

Denny Smith

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Ray (that's what it is) wrote:I would love it if Blackmagic could figure out why some 4/3 lenses won't work on the BMPCC4K. I have no issue if the AF doesn't work, but for some reason manual focus is hit or miss with some lenses. I managed to get all of them working at one point, but now I'm back to square one with especially one lens that I really wanted to work, which is the Olympus 90-250mm f2.8.

Ray, Panasonic had the same issue with FT lenses on their AF100. AF was push to focus only, and slow at that, manual focus worked on the three zooms they listed, and Auto Iris was only push to get iris set, not full AF, as it was with MFT lenses. I think this is down more to lens design and communication protocol changes with the new lenses, and the MFT protocol not being completely back compatible with the older FT lenses. If memory serves me well, there was only about four or five FT lenses that were listed as being compatible on the AF100, which included the two Panasonic Leica FT Primes and one zoom (14-50), and about three Olympus lenses, including the two f/2 Pro zooms, and this was with using Panasonic’s FT/MFT adapter.

So BM is not going to have any better luck (they already seem to have better communication working with more the older lenses) than Panasonic did. Just like older cameras, older lens systems like this are not going to be supported on the newer camera systems.
Cheers

Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dean Fisher

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 2:32 am

I just did a test for sync issues. I shot 24fps DCI RAW 3:1 to a Lexar 256gb CFast 2.0 card.

I ran a lav mic directly into the camera via 3.5mm, as well as left the internal mic on the other channel. I also recorded separate sound on a Tascam DR-40.

I left it run and came back periodically to bang some 15mm rods by the mics. I synced up the separate sound perfectly in a 24fps timeline. The length of the married internal/lav audio was exactly the length of the video, no drift (Rick you had mentioned wondering this, but I didn't have issues with the internal track). It also kept perfect sync throughout the 35 minute run time.

However, the separate sound from the DR-40 did drift after being perfectly lined up at the beginning. At the 15 minute mark, it is 2 frames behind the internal audio. By minute 35, it is 5 frames behind the internal audio.

I am 100% in a 24fps timeline with a 24fps DNG clip, and I for sure did not record off-speed. I have never had sync issues with long takes on my DR-40, and I've filmed plenty of events with it.

Anyone have any suggestions or possible errors to my test? Should I converse with Blackmagic about this result?

Ryan Humphrey

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 am

Tristan Pemberton wrote:This problem is something different. It's a random problem where some clips lose audio/video sync. It's approximately one frame per 2 mins. And that's very consistent in a clip when it occurs. I was finding if I went along the whole timeline, and trimmed one frame of audio every 2mins, the whole clip looked more or less in sync.

I did a shoot last week with 20-40min single recordings - approximately 30 in total. The camera was never powered off the whole day - no settings were changed once it was setup and test records made (and played back - about 20secs).

The problem seems to be completely random. One clip would have a sync problem, and then the next clip back-to-back wouldn't. Editing in Resolve 15.2. Playing the clips in Quicktime, the sync issues are there.

Stop recoding on frame drop = on
Off-speed recording = off
UHD ProRes422 25fps recording to CFast2.0

Knowing nothing else that sounds like something I'd see with media where someone or something has screwed up with a drop-frame / non-drop-frame issue. What settings are you recording at and what setting is the timeline at? Any chance there is an error between what the setting is and what the file is reporting? If you are shooting at, say 24p, but something in the chain is interpreting at 23.976 (or 30p/29.97) you'll get odd sync issues. No idea if it's at all related to what's actually happening, but it might be worth trying to run down if there is an errant flag in the file somehow.

John Paines

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 4:09 am

Dean Fisher wrote:I have never had sync issues with long takes on my DR-40, and I've filmed plenty of events with it.

Sync drift is common with that recorder, and other consumer recorders like it. 5-10 frames an hour is to be expected.

Can't explain why this is the first time you've noted drift, but the odds are it's not the camera at fault. Or maybe they're both drifting, but you'll never know without more precise control of the experiment.

rick.lang

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 am

Dean, thank you very much for your audio test. That seems to be reassuring about audio recorded in camera at least although the reported problems were occasional so can’t conclude too much at this point.

Rick Lang

Dean Fisher

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 am

John Paines wrote:
Dean Fisher wrote:I have never had sync issues with long takes on my DR-40, and I've filmed plenty of events with it.

Sync drift is common with that recorder, and other consumer recorders like it. 5-10 frames an hour is to be expected.

Can't explain why this is the first time you've noted drift, but the odds are it's not the camera at fault. Or maybe they're both drifting, but you'll never know without more precise control of the experiment.
Wow, I was never aware of this! I just repeated the same test with my URSA with the same result, off by 2 at 15 minutes and off by 5 after a half hour. Guess I'll just have to alter the duration of the separate audio by a few frames to keep it in line. I don't believe I'll be doing any more events/plays/performances if I can help it, so hopefully it isn't too much of an issue. Guess it's time to start saving for a MixPre-6...

Ryan Humphrey

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 pm

One “solution” can be to do a clapper mark at the start and end of long recordings. You can sync to each and that should fix what’s between them.

Lowell Sherris

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Future firmware request:
I find I rarely use several of the buttons Play, Iris, HFR, Auto Focus and Shutter. The three programmable buttons on top of the camera are great, but I could really use more. It would save time if I could have enough programmable buttons to quickly switch to specific ISO and WB. It should not be too difficult to make all the buttons programmable and that would give the camera much more flexibility. Also, the magnify button is helpful for focusing, but an even higher magnification setting would be great.

rick.lang

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Ryan Humphrey wrote:One “solution” can be to do a clapper mark at the start and end of long recordings. You can sync to each and that should fix what’s between them.

Not feasible to clap when recording a live concert or theatrical performance with an audience and clips that might be an hour before a break.

Rick Lang

John Brawley

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 6:55 pm

rick.lang wrote:
Ryan Humphrey wrote:One “solution” can be to do a clapper mark at the start and end of long recordings. You can sync to each and that should fix what’s between them.

Not feasible to clap when recording a live concert or theatrical performance with an audience and clips that might be an hour before a break.

Or place a TC slate (or ipad timecode app) discreetly in the room where you can reframe, zoom in and shoot it

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

rick.lang

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Yes, you could just hold the slate iDevice close by the camera and discreetly clap it at the beginning and ending of the long clips (or just compare the timecode without an audio clap).

Rick Lang

Uli Plank

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 am

I'd like to suggest a new, intermediate format for the P4K, which should be easy to implement in firmware:
a 3K windowed recording mode! Something like 2880 x 1620 (maybe a version with DCI ratio too). Why?

Well, no sensor with a Bayer pattern can deliver true resolution up to the number of pixels in use. But 3K will give pristine quality in an HD timeline, which is still the final format for many productions. Plus, you'd getter smaller files and more slo-mo.

What do others think?
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

John Paines

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 4:07 am

You're already getting full resolution HD, downsampled from the full 4K sensor. Why would you need 3K for that purpose?

rick.lang

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 5:20 am

Not sure what else Uli has in mind with the 3K option beyond what he has already said, but if one is looking for the best colour, it’s not quite there when downscaling in camera from ProRes UHD to HD since the cording is still 10bit colour ProRes 422 HQ. When feasible, I’ll record ProRes 422 HQ 4K/UHD in camera but transcode to ProRes 444 HD in Resolve to work with 12bit “pristine colour.” Well that’s the theory anyway. Maybe Uli wants to work with 3K to get 12bit digital intermediate.

Rick Lang

Uli Plank

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am

I'm suggesting 3K for RAW. AFAIK, the Pocket can't record ProRes 444, so oversampling with downscaling in camera doesn't give you the same depth for grading.
But Rick is right too since with a Bayer pattern you only get the full color-resolution with double oversampling, like for greenscreening.

BTW, I have a beautiful old Schneider 10mm C-mount lens from my BMPCC, which of course is vignetting on MFT. It is fully capable of projecting the image circle of the suggested 3K image, though, and I'd expect most lenses with a longer focal length to do the same.
Last edited by Uli Plank on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

matt brown

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 7:48 am

Could a 4:3 mode for anamorphic be considered please 8-)

Lesha_kvaz

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Its obvious that many people will power their cameras by V-mount or Gold Mount batteries via P-tap and weipu connector - SO, is it possible to indicate VOLTAGE ?
AC indicator is ok but doing nothing while shooting.
Its better to have voltage meter on screen rather then only on battery. And its MUCH-MUCH safer for footage.

So pleaseeeee do a voltage meter instead of just AC indicator

Uli Plank

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm afraid it can't be done with the current hardware. To accept such a wide range of voltages from 12 to 20, the first step is probably a regulator. I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

rick.lang

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Uli, I’d use that Schneider 10mm to record UHD and just centre crop in post with no resizing. Having 3K as an option is better, but you’ll at least get to use the lens.

If you wanted that to match other footage that’s recorded at UHD or HD, you’d have an extra step at the beginning of your workflow to transcode the 2880x1620 footage to fit the rest of your footage, but the scaling in Resolve might work fine.

This week I’m mixing anamorphic and spherical footage for a client and I’m getting comfortable throwing away stuff to make the end result work. I know, it’s sacrilegious!

Rick Lang

Uli Plank

PostTue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am

Of course, center crop I what I do.

But if I throw 3K footage from the Red at an HD timeline in Resolve, I get pristine results.

Wayne Steven

PostThu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 am

What 4kp50 modes can you record to cards at all?
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Iain Bason

PostThu Dec 27, 2018 3:08 am

Australian Image wrote:One thing I wouldn't mind having with the BMPCC4K are lower frame rates, say 12fps and 6fps. There are times where even 24fps is higher than needed and having lower frame rates would be quite handy.

You can set the off-speed frame rate to anything down to 5 fps. It would take a little work in post to change the timeline frame rate, but I can't imagine it would be that difficult.

Benjamin de Menil

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Feature request: zoom to higher magnification on lcd monitor. current max is 2x. 5x and 10x would be helpful for nailing focus.

sfranchek

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 am

Feature Request:

Anamorphic Modes (2x Stretch):
4:3
6:5
1:1
8:9

I’d really especially love to see a 1:1 and 8:9 mode, which would stretch out to 2:1 and 16:9 respectively. I realize that 16:9 is an unusual format for anamorphic, but it would be amazing to be able to shoot it in camera for certain projects. Currently, the only camera I’ve seen able to do this aspect ratio in camera is the red helium

Csaba Nagy

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 12:04 am

Feature Request:

CFAST/SD Card Data Transfer / Backup

Would be great to have the ability to offload an internal card ( CFAST or SD ) onto an externally connected
SSD.

Can act as a quick backup or to let you roll through the day and hand off footage to someone else easily. Let's me keep the laptop at home for doing data dumps.
Last edited by Csaba Nagy on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Csaba Nagy
Filmmaker
BMPCC4K

Robert Niessner

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 12:29 am

Csaba Nagy wrote:Feature Request:

CFAST/SD Card Data Transfer / Backup

Would be great to have the ability to offload an internal card ( CFAST or SD ) onto an externally connected
SSD. Can act as a quick backup or to let you roll through the day and hand off footage to someone else easily. Let's me keep the laptop at home for doing data dumps.

Like the LaCie DJI Copilot? Or the Nexto products?
https://www.nextodi.com/products/ncb-20/
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Next