Voigtlander Heliar and Pocket 4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Vito LaManna

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Voigtlander Heliar and Pocket 4K

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 4:48 am

Hello folks,

Need some advice. I am interested in achieving a vintage look of Italo,Spaghetti-western.
I own a Pocket 4K. It’s probably gonna be a lot of post magic, but I am wondering which lens (vintage) and adapter would make things easier. I don’t have much experience with lenses so advice is much appreciated.

I am also curious what you guys think about the Voigtlander Heliar with the VM-mount on MicroFourThirds.

Thanks in advance.

Vito
Offline
User avatar

Tim Kraemer

  • Posts: 46
  • Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Voigtlander Heliar and Pocket 4K

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Vito LaManna wrote:I am also curious what you guys think about the Voigtlander Heliar with the VM-mount on MicroFourThirds.


How are you going to mount that? Just get the 25mm with the native m43 mount.
Offline

John Griffin

  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Re: Voigtlander Heliar and Pocket 4K

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 am

Vito LaManna wrote:Hello folks,

Need some advice. I am interested in achieving a vintage look of Italo,Spaghetti-western.
I own a Pocket 4K. It’s probably gonna be a lot of post magic, but I am wondering which lens (vintage) and adapter would make things easier. I don’t have much experience with lenses so advice is much appreciated.

I am also curious what you guys think about the Voigtlander Heliar with the VM-mount on MicroFourThirds.

Thanks in advance.

Vito

I think a lot of that look you are after is due to anamorphic lenses.
Dell XPS 9560 i7 7700HQ,GTX 1050m, 32gb 1Tb NVME C drive, 1TB SSD 2nd internal as Cache. GTX 1080ti eGPU, 4x 7200rpm 1.5tb HD's in RAID 0 on USB-C as media storage. Win10 x64, Resolve Studio (all latest versions and up to date drivers)
Offline

Vito LaManna

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: Voigtlander Heliar and Pocket 4K

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 6:54 am

Thank you.

Yes I was aware of that, but unfortunately the Pocket4k doesn’t have anamorphic.
Offline
User avatar

carlomacchiavello

  • Posts: 760
  • Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: italy

Re: Voigtlander Heliar and Pocket 4K

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Vito LaManna wrote:Thank you.

Yes I was aware of that, but unfortunately the Pocket4k doesn’t have anamorphic.


You shoot normally then stretch later, like old time when you seen in viewfinder of cinema camera that show directly the light stretched for film strip.

Some suggest for Sergio Leone result:
Lighting (strong and natural lighting)
Low contrast filter to change ratio between light and shadow
Often the use a gradual nd to have sky dense
Study shot, near, long, only few camera movement drived from character
Dirty dirty dirty, Italian period of dirty set, dirty face, dirty character :-)



Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Csaba Nagy, SandroSchreiber and 34 guests