A CALLOUT TO BM TECHS IF YOU ARE FEELING BENEFICENT

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

robert Hart

A CALLOUT TO BM TECHS IF YOU ARE FEELING BENEFICENT

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 pm

If one was to get hold of a stuffed Blackmagic production cinema camera 4K which produces a screen image but has other issues including touch controller or SSD port failed, could the sensor sub-assembly of the camera be plugged into the big URSA body with suitable mounting mods and live on.

Could one or the other of the touch screen assemblies from the big URSA be transplanted into the rear of the BMPC4K body without lots of smoke and dead things happening?

Obviously, care would need to be taken to restore thermal conductivity from the sensor to a heatsink.

Any advice appreciated but as BM holds its IP even closer than its worst enemy, I anticipate none shall be forthcoming. One can fantasize perhaps.

robert Hart

Re: A CALLOUT TO BM TECHS IF YOU ARE FEELING BENEFICENT

PostTue Nov 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Further to above post, assuming I can get hold of a working URSA sensor ( turret ) and it plays nice with my existing motherboard which seems otherwise functional, can anyone offer any tips on how to preserve the power management system for as long as possible such as never depowering totally to avoid sudden inrush currents or similar cunning tricks.

I have two available methods to achieve this, a titan 170 power-supply/charger or dynacore type charger and battery which charges via its own D-tap port.

Much of the breed anecdotally seems to experience a common power management failure or eccentric behaviour. The dilemma is whether continuous duty will kill it faster than the inrush current each time a battery is plugged on. Whether that problem is likely to be a 100% occurrence or not, I would be interested to know.

Controlled atmosphere storage for a long life seems to be another desirable according to sensor data information for a similar spec sensor.

Any advice appreciated.

Return to Cinematography