- Thank you Grant Petty - ;0)

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Robert RED

- Thank you Grant Petty - ;0)

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 4:56 pm

I want to thank Grant Petty for its great decision.

I just ordered a wonderful BMDCC for 1995$

;0)

- RED -
Every Day is a drop of Life
Email: red@robertred.ch
Facebook: facebook.com/followRobertRED
Vimeo: vimeo.com/channels/robertred
BMDCC Channel: Vimeo: vimeo.com/channels/bmdcc

rick.lang

Re: - Thank you Grant Petty - ;0)

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Robert RED wrote:I want to thank Grant Petty for its great decision.

I just ordered a wonderful BMDCC for 1995$

;0)

- RED -

BMCC EF or BMCC MFT, Robert? Congratulations.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Although so much contradiction and fire going on right now.. I seriously I tip my hat to Grant Petty.. This is unbelievable. though i only got my camera few months back after 9 moths of waiting (which was furestrating :P ) but I really respected him doing this and i believe this is right and i don't think anybody would have done accomplish near what he has done. Great respect and salute to him. He is my Steve Job of camera equipment. I will always remember him the guy who made me able to afford my first RAW digital camera

Merano Winterstein

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 pm

This is good for BMD, this is good for new customers, but it is really BAD for people who just received a BMCC for 1000 EUROS MORE couple days ago!!!! this is not cool at all!!! i really hope you nice people from BMD find a solution to keep existing customers happy, because this is NOT good for us!!! I really love the product even if i can not delete clips on the camera, even if can not change the battery ext. the picture is lovely!
I am happy for BMD that they get a lot new customers now! I am happy for every customer getting the camera cheap.... BUT I REALLY FEEL BMD SHOULD DO SOMETHING FOR THOSE WHO JUST GOT THE BMCC FOR 3000K...this would be just fair!!!

greetings

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 9:05 pm

I understand your frustration merano. because i do a little. but let's be honest. Blackmagic was the only company i can think of who made a professional cinema camera that shoot professional compressed codecs and uncompressed raw for so little as they could.. When now finally they could get the price even lower, they do it. I don't think anyone would have done it. The 1K$ that I paid more feels a bit frustrating but I would always think of that extra 1K$ as a support for Blackmagic. because i can't wait for what they will bring next. Literally I'm eager for what they will bring next

Robert RED

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 pm

BMDCC EF Mount.

Unbelivable price for this dream catcher.

I feel sorry for the other people.

- RED -

Merano Winterstein

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I understand your point of view Abobakr,
Blackmagic is doing a great job producing amazing stuff and revolutionizing the industry.. but it would be a nice move at least saying "SORRY" to all the customers who JUST GOT the BMCC a few days ago! 1000 EUROS are alot money for me .. maybe not for others.. but for me it is! i really liked micheal jackson when i was a kid and what he did for the Music ... but the things he done to the kids was very bad and know i don't like him anymore.
Don't get me wrong i don't want to put that in the same boat!
BMD is a great company i love what they deliver and they deserve being very rich . every company is trying to get more and more money that is normal. But being nice to your existing customers should be important for every company too! .. most companies just care about new customers because they bring sure new money. I used to feel like a new customer a few days ago ...

earl riddick

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 3:21 am

i'll thank him when he does just one thing for his existing customers instead of worrying about getting new ones, like say is decent firmware to much to ask him to focus on?

Will Tejeda

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 am

Ordered aan EF version today :) with next day air ... from adorama
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Robert RED

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 7:48 am

Congratulations!!

I ordered my Beauty from B&H....

nexus10

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 am

x
Last edited by nexus10 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fred
nexus10@laposte.net

steve connor

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:11 am

nexus10 wrote:sorry but I do not trust black magic (camera) 1000 euros is a lot of money for me (and for my client's) .

Yes, 1000 euros is almost FIVE days camera hire - shocking!

nexus10

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:31 am

x
Last edited by nexus10 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fred
nexus10@laposte.net

Gan Eden

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:33 am

Perhaps those who just recently paid full whack for the BMCC BEFORE the price drop could take their camer back for a full refund of $3000 and then buy it again, thus saving $1K. :lol: ;)

steve connor

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:47 am

nexus10 wrote:
sconnor wrote:
nexus10 wrote:sorry but I do not trust black magic (camera) 1000 euros is a lot of money for me (and for my client's) .

Yes, 1000 euros is almost FIVE days camera hire - shocking!

may be, I do not know, I do not rent my camera. (when I rent, I take red or alexa )

I mean the money you charge your clients for using your camera!

nexus10

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 am

:geek:
Last edited by nexus10 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fred
nexus10@laposte.net

Quint A. Rahaman, Jr.

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 11:02 am

nexus10 wrote:I bought a black magic in March and I lost € 1,000 in 4 months! Director and advised for shorts and long films (indie), I advise my clients (already 3 ) to not buy the camera black magic 35 (4k) and wait 6 / 8 mois months.
sorry but I do not trust black magic (camera) 1000 euros is a lot of money for me (and for my client's) .

'll talk to my blog soon, because it is not well !

That's very much like saying, "I got married in March but then four months later, I met her sister. If only I had waited four months or if only my wife's parents had told me about their other daughter. I don't trust my wife's parents." Coulda, woulda, shoulda... nothing was lost--the prevailing price in March is what you paid. Your justification for the transaction was either sound or wanting. Either way, you made the committment, end of story.

nexus10

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 am

:geek:
Last edited by nexus10 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fred
nexus10@laposte.net

Kevin Thompson

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 10:01 am

This just means I get a Pocket Cinema Camera in addition to an MFT ... waiting :) ... or perhaps the new multi-dock
BMD Products:
ATEM Television Studio, Micro Videohub, GPI&Tally
Hyperdeck Studio, Mini Monitor, Mini Recorder
HDMI->SDI Battery Converter (2)
SmartView HD, SmartScope Duo 4K
Ultrastudio 4K, Multidock, MFT BMCC

Richard Oakes

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 am

Some people I think have BM confused with a charity organisation! They want to buy a great camera for an amazing price, then feel it is their right to ask for freebies when BM reduce the price (which they didn't need to do btw)
It dies seem like a common mindset, I found this when experimenting with my own prices for jobs.
I found that, the cheaper I quoted for a job the more the client felt above me and demanded more and more for the little money they spent. But when I charge a lot the customer assumes my professionalism and left me to do what I wanted.

It seems to be the same thing here, because people got an amazing deal and were first in the world to receive this camera, they assume they are the ones doing BM a favour so demand more and more and more for the luxury of their custom.

If you are going to cry like a spoiled princess because your diamond shoes are too tight then go somewhere else with your money. By the look of the back orders for the foreseeable future it won't make a bit off difference to Blackmagic.
Richard Oakes.

BadassPixels

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Well said Darkfable. I've been reading all this whining with dismay. Clearly the culture of instant-gratification has affected people's ability to handle things they don't like. The price drop is great and will create more opportunities for many people - BM should be commended for it. Some people got burned a bit (yeah that sucks for them and I feel their pain, it ain't "nice"), but if people are looking for "fairness" they should move to the "Kingdom of Caring" where all tech prices stay the same forever.
Alan Givati

Chris Quevedo

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. wrote:
nexus10 wrote:I bought a black magic in March and I lost € 1,000 in 4 months! Director and advised for shorts and long films (indie), I advise my clients (already 3 ) to not buy the camera black magic 35 (4k) and wait 6 / 8 mois months.
sorry but I do not trust black magic (camera) 1000 euros is a lot of money for me (and for my client's) .

That's very much like saying, "I got married in March but then four months later, I met her sister. If only I had waited four months or if only my wife's parents had told me about their other daughter. I don't trust my wife's parents." Coulda, woulda, shoulda... nothing was lost--the prevailing price in March is what you paid. Your justification for the transaction was either sound or wanting. Either way, you made the committment, end of story.

uh, lol, that would not be an apples to apples analogy unless you could use your wife to make a profit, and then it becomes a pimping analogy which is a little bit crass. maybe find a different way to word this, lol

Richard Oakes

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Chris Daniel wrote:

uh, lol, that would not be an apples to apples analogy unless you could use your wife to make a profit, and then it becomes a pimping analogy which is a little bit crass. maybe find a different way to word this, lol

How does the camera becoming cheaper stop you making a profit? I used to be able to Film, but now the camera has had a price drop so all my clients have canceled!! yeh ok! Unless you are buying to rent. And let's face it, the rental value on these cameras was not worth it to start with.
Richard Oakes.

Quint A. Rahaman, Jr.

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Chris Daniel wrote:

Funny but certainly not the imagery I was going for. That interpretation depends on one's perspective. I never assumed that nexus10 had commercial intent. I did assume that s/he thought the world of the BMCC, dug the price, and looked forward to producing awesome looking content. None of that has changed other than time marching on.

Chris Quevedo

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Chris Daniel wrote:
Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. wrote:[quote="nexus10"]I bought a black magic in March and I lost € 1,000 in 4 months! Director and advised for shorts and long films (indie), I advise my clients (already 3 ) to not buy the camera black magic 35 (4k) and wait 6 / 8 mois months.

Funny but certainly not the imagery I was going for. That interpretation depends on one's perspective. I never assumed that nexus10 had commercial intent. I did assume that s/he thought the world of the BMCC, dug the price, and looked forward to producing awesome looking content. None of that has changed other than time marching on.[/quote]

i apologize, it was a bad bad way for me to take the conversation. lets just leave it at you're probably right

Return to Cinematography