MAC PRO 4k & BMPC 4k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ben Wells

MAC PRO 4k & BMPC 4k

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Perhaps BMD & APPLE will be releasing their new 4k products simultaneously. I have long suspected that Apple and BMD are bedfellows. Thoughts?

rick.lang

Re: MAC PRO 4k & BMPC 4k

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 3:51 am

Ben Wells wrote:Perhaps BMD & APPLE will be releasing their new 4k products simultaneously. I have long suspected that Apple and BMD are bedfellows. Thoughts?

There may well be a flurry of activity from both companies in September and October and some of the products released from each company will be important in choosing product from the other company. I don't know if I'd call it "bedfellows" but they are likely each awaiting the other's shoe to drop. I think one of the first products will be Resolve 10, but that is likely very important to both the BMPC4K and Apple's next major release of FCP X 10.1.0 and of course the new Mac Pro. Interesting at this point is what 4K monitors will debut about the same time and who will be adopting the new 6G-SDI interface? Very interesting 4th quarter when most of this may play out.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

JeanPaul

Re: MAC PRO 4k & BMPC 4k

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:45 am

If they are in the same bed, perhaps Mr Mac should tell Ms Magic to get out of the bed and get to work. :lol:

Return to Cinematography