Firmware 1.4 and audio

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Loch Phillipps

Firmware 1.4 and audio

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm

I have been having more problems with my audio since 1.3. Wondering what impact 1.4 might have on that. Have read elsewhere in the forum that 1.4 reverts the audio back to how it was in 1.2, and that this is an improvement. I am frustrated with my audio situation. I can't even get good audio into the camera through my Tascam DR-100 it seems. I am considering adding a Juiced LInk solution and see if that works. But worried that I will not be able to use the BMCC headphone jack reliably.

Would love it if I could get good sound into the camera and a reliable way to monitor this. But maybe this is something that demands more waiting. Any advice out there? Should I upgrade to 1.4, which seems to be mostly for the Pocket Camera?

Thanks.
Loch Phillipps

Steve Jakubowski

Re: Firmware 1.4 and audio

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 pm

loch@offrampfilms.com wrote: Have read elsewhere in the forum that 1.4 reverts the audio back to how it was in 1.2

Loch, can you post a link to where you read this in the forum? Robert at Juicedlink said there were no changes from 1.3 - 1.4 that he is aware of.

Blaine Russom

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 am

Revert back to 1.2, that's the best way to get better audio...

Loch Phillipps

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 8:49 pm

It was in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10361&p=72372&hilit=Sound+In+the+BMCC+EF#p72372

And it was only a guess, not claiming to be fact. But I have been having more problems with audio since I went to 1.3 and I think others have had the same experience.
Loch Phillipps

Return to Cinematography