It's hit ebay.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ARTnVIDEO

It's hit ebay.

ungovernedreason

Re: It's hit ebay.

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow...so that store had no pre orders? lol that's just disgusting.
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwXLMT1XKyk&list=PL3XHcImUakQ30c-Xzd96iq5YEyk36LP-Z&index=2

Sean Pfeiffer

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 7:01 pm

You know, there was a window of time between the time I ordered my BMCC and canceled my BMPCC that I had a contingency plan in the event that B&H somehow bumped me to the front of the line. It would certainly be a simple way to make some extra money. Considering how much some folks have been chomping at the bit to get these cameras, I wouldn't be surprised to see the bids go over $2000 for that item.

EDIT: I don' think it's a store, just some guy who preordered his camera really early.
Sean Pfeiffer

ARTnVIDEO

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 7:08 pm

It would not surprise me to see the bids rise to an insane amount especially with six days remaining. I'd be :twisted: if I had a order with them though.

MagicAndMayhem

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Not a pre-order? Did it just fall out of the sky?

Gabe Darvas

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Philip Bloom just recently received his OWN BMPCC, while he's still reviewing the one he got from CVP.

Then he made a comment in the post stating, that he already sold it via ebay for 3000 GBP!!!!!!!

Insane.... :D
Gabe D.

David Chapman

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 8:14 pm

It was only a matter of time...

The new Toys R Us exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave is up on Ebay too.
David Chapman
Just another creative dude with a camera.

Alex Gerulaitis

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 10:52 pm

ungovernedreason wrote:Wow...so that store had no pre orders? lol that's just disgusting.

It was me who listed it. The listing was cancelled on BMD's request, although I don't see anything in their policies against ebay or auctions in general. Perhaps they're concerned about over-inflated prices - and that's understandable, even though other resellers do sell BMD products including cameras on a "best offer" basis.

No, my store had no pre-orders even though I listed BMPCC back in April, and had a few inquiries - but nobody actually placed an order.

Just curious: which part is disgusting? A possibility that some Saudi Arabian prince would end up winning the auction with a $20K bid? :roll:
Alex Gerulaitis | System Administrator | DMED

ungovernedreason

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Alex G. wrote:
ungovernedreason wrote:Wow...so that store had no pre orders? lol that's just disgusting.

It was me who listed it. The listing was cancelled on BMD's request, although I don't see anything in their policies against ebay or auctions in general. Perhaps they're concerned about over-inflated prices - and that's understandable, even though other resellers do sell BMD products including cameras on a "best offer" basis.

No, my store had no pre-orders even though I listed BMPCC back in April, and had a few inquiries - but nobody actually placed an order.

Just curious: which part is disgusting? A possibility that some Saudi Arabian prince would end up winning the auction with a $20K bid? :roll:

If your store had no pre orders and you got one any ways then I am 1) Shocked 2)Sorry about my being shocked and speaking quickly and 3)Extremely confused as to why the store that I orderd from claim I am the only pre order at all but have received none to date.
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwXLMT1XKyk&list=PL3XHcImUakQ30c-Xzd96iq5YEyk36LP-Z&index=2

ungovernedreason

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Further more I now am your side lol Why the heck can Blackmagic tell you to take it down? Is that even legal?
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

MagicAndMayhem

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Alex G. wrote:No, my store had no pre-orders

So you didn't pre-order it but got one anyway? Just out of the blue?

ungovernedreason

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 pm

MagicAndMayhem wrote:
Alex G. wrote:No, my store had no pre-orders

So you didn't pre-order it but got one anyway? Just out of the blue?

exactly why I am confused about this
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

Alex Gerulaitis

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 pm

ungovernedreason wrote:why the store that I orderd from claim I am the only pre order at all but have received none to date.
Once I looked at the cameras at BMD's NAB event, I placed an order right away, that same night. Perhaps I was one of the first ones even though my shop is a really small fish.

Alex Gerulaitis

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:20 pm

MagicAndMayhem wrote:So you didn't pre-order it but got one anyway? Just out of the blue?
I am an authorized BMD reseller. I am the store. :mrgreen:

Alex Gerulaitis

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 11:24 pm

ungovernedreason wrote:Why the heck can Blackmagic tell you to take it down? Is that even legal?
We have a relationship - for close to 10 years if not longer. They ask me something nicely - I do it. If they're concerned about over-inflated prices, it's understandable. Plus, it's generally counter-productive not to comply with their requests. :mrgreen:

Steve DiMaggio

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 am

IS it still for sale

DavidJames

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 am

I posted this at BMCUser:

I think we forget that most Blackmagic resellers don't sell cameras. The store I ordered mine from was one of the first Blackmagic shops in Canada (AnnexPro). They supply solutions to post facilities and audio studios and offer the cameras because their clients know that they can get them..... oh and I did get my BMCC pretty early.

http://www.annexpro.com/products/
thekreative
www.thekreative.com

Alex Gerulaitis

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 am

Steve DiMaggio wrote:IS it still for sale
Yes. Already received one pre-order which will be fulfilled from a future batch. The one camera I have in hands - haven't decided what to do with it yet. Ideally I'd relist it on ebay if BMD agrees to it. Hopefully we find a way, since there's a lot of BMCCs for sale from authorized resellers there.

Steve DiMaggio

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 12:32 am

I am sure many here would purchase it for MAP, or maybe you should sell it to the guy who pre ordered

MagicAndMayhem

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 12:36 am

Alex G. wrote:
Steve DiMaggio wrote:IS it still for sale
Yes. Already received one pre-order which will be fulfilled from a future batch. The one camera I have in hands - haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Send it to the person who ordered one?

Alex G. wrote:Ideally I'd relist it on ebay if BMD agrees to it. Hopefully we find a way, since there's a lot of BMCCs for sale from authorized resellers there.

So you would rather put a customer on hold indefinitely and keep the one you have in hopes to sell it for an elevated price on Ebay?

WOW.
Last edited by MagicAndMayhem on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Gerulaitis

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 am

Steve DiMaggio wrote:I am sure many here would purchase it for MAP, or maybe you should sell it to the guy who pre ordered
The gentleman who placed a pre-order today (which is fully refundable and is not charged until it ships) is fully aware I have a camera in stock that I prefer to sell to a Saudi Arabian prince for the price of its weight in gold. Whether or not that happens - is a different matter. I already received an offer (higher than MAP) and I do feel iffy about it.

MagicAndMayhem

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 1:09 am

Alex G. wrote:
Steve DiMaggio wrote:I am sure many here would purchase it for MAP, or maybe you should sell it to the guy who pre ordered
The gentleman who placed a pre-order today (which is fully refundable and is not charged until it ships) is fully aware I have a camera in stock that I prefer to sell to a Saudi Arabian prince for the price of its weight in gold. Whether or not that happens - is a different matter. I already received an offer (higher than MAP) and I do feel iffy about it.

An authorized BMD reseller purposely holding back product in hopes of price gouging.

Awesome.

Alex Gerulaitis

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 1:11 am

MagicAndMayhem wrote:So you would rather put a customer on hold indefinitely and keep the one you have in hopes to sell it for an elevated price on Ebay?
Magic: you don't know me and I don't know you. If you have a specific commandment such as "though shall not kill", feel free to post it here. Until you have a firm grasp of the ethical principles which I am violating, may I suggest that you keep your assumptions and empty moralizing to yourself and that we avoid each other on this forum?

For the record, BMPCCs are supposed to ship en masse next week. Neither you nor anyone else has to succumb to evil greedy dealers like myself.

MagicAndMayhem

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 1:28 am

Alex G. wrote:Until you have a firm grasp of the ethical principles which I am violating, may I suggest that you keep your assumptions and empty moralizing to yourself and that we avoid each other on this forum?

Yea, We'll just let BMD figure out who they want to represent them. Good luck with that.

randy672

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 1:42 am

Alex G. wrote:
MagicAndMayhem wrote:So you would rather put a customer on hold indefinitely and keep the one you have in hopes to sell it for an elevated price on Ebay?
Magic: you don't know me and I don't know you. If you have a specific commandment such as "though shall not kill", feel free to post it here. Until you have a firm grasp of the ethical principles which I am violating, may I suggest that you keep your assumptions and empty moralizing to yourself and that we avoid each other on this forum?

For the record, BMPCCs are supposed to ship en masse next week. Neither you nor anyone else has to succumb to evil greedy dealers like myself.

im kind of shocked you dont see how unethical this is. BMD should delist you as an authorized reseller.

Return to Cinematography