Question about shipping

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Lee Mackreath

Question about shipping

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm

@CVPgroup: @AndrewClemson @EOSHD A big fat ZERO I am afraid - No info, No cameras - Deja-Vu - We'll shout when they start shipping to end users though!

The above was posted by CVP ( biggest European resellers of the black magic cameras) in regards to their knowledge of where they stand in terms of shipment of BMPCC's.

BMD told me last week to contact my distributor if I had any questions about shipping., seems there is no point as as I expected they don't have any info.. Like the rest of us..

Care to elaborate or delete my post AGAIN?

adamroberts

Re: Question about shipping

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 7:12 pm

ProAV shipped their first camera out to a customer last week. CVP gave their first camera to Philip Bloom to reviews.

So the cameras are shipping.

ProAV told me they expect the next batch next week. I'm next on their list so I hope that is the case.

Lee Mackreath

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm

One camera a week?.. And the ones they are shipping have audio issues ., ghosting issues.. Battery issues..

Don't get me wrong these can be addressed but they need to be acknowledged first by BMD...

Can't wait to receive my cam in 2016!

ARTnVIDEO

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Blackmagic should stop the madness, They know the resellers know exactly what the customers do, and that's nothing! We (resellers/customers) all know , BMD does not give accurate information on delivery.

Blackmagic says contact your reseller for more info, yeah right :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

The reseller: "Still no word from Blackmagic" while the distributors are struggling to spread a small amount of cameras out for a long list of dealers.

I know this will be my last ride on the BMD pre order train.
Last edited by ARTnVIDEO on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamroberts

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 8:08 pm

LMACKREATH wrote:One camera a week?

BM stated that initial shipments would be limited. Dealers worldwide only got one camera each in the first batch.

Next batch should be larger.

LMACKREATH wrote:And the ones they are shipping have audio issues ., ghosting issues.. Battery issues..

The ghosting issue is a non issue. It's been shown to be caused by lighting. Happens on other cameras too.

If its all so horrid buy a GH3.

Aleksandar Bogdanov

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 pm

I talked to CVP two days ago and they told me they're expecting batch of cameras next week.
Too much warm about a tweet...

Lee Mackreath

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 8:23 pm

adamroberts wrote:
LMACKREATH wrote:One camera a week?

BM stated that initial shipments would be limited. Dealers worldwide only got one camera each in the first batch.

Next batch should be larger.

LMACKREATH wrote:And the ones they are shipping have audio issues ., ghosting issues.. Battery issues..

The ghosting issue is a non issue. It's been shown to be caused by lighting. Happens on other cameras too.

If its all so horrid buy a GH3.

You sound like me about a week ago...defending everything..

Please send me the quote from BMD about the first shipments being limited please as I don't thing that exists...

shipping July..RAW included .....wrong on both counts.......

the ghosting issue which was evident in 'Auckland in my pocket" was dismissed two months ago as a lighting issue..I think we can clearly seem from all the other footage that is not the case.

adamroberts

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 pm

LMACKREATH wrote:You sound like me about a week ago...defending everything..

Please send me the quote from BMD about the first shipments being limited please as I don't thing that exists...

I'm not really defending anything. You made a statement about there being no info on shipping when there are in fact cameras shipping as per the statements made by BM already.

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/07/blackma ... ipping-4k/
http://nofilmschool.com/2013/08/august- ... uction-4k/

christian.himmelstrand

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm so exited!!
My camera is coming any day now!!

BMPCC has already started to deliver in Sweden (if Australia is down under, we are at the north pole) and I'm among the first on the pre order list.

@LMACKREATH don't lose you nerves now when you are so close to the finish line.

ARTnVIDEO

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 8:57 pm

adamroberts wrote:I'm not really defending anything. You made a statement about there being no info on shipping when there are in fact cameras shipping as per the statements made by BM already.

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/07/blackma ... ipping-4k/
http://nofilmschool.com/2013/08/august- ... uction-4k/

Those links are pretty past tense, they have already shipped in small quantity which is the 1 camera per store that we have seen come and go, it seems as if some resellers have received more than one camera while other resellers have yet to receive their first camera out of the so called first batch. I think more info is needed.

adamroberts

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 pm

ARTnVIDEO wrote:Those links are pretty past tense...

I'm aware of that. Those links were in reference to LMACKREATH asking to quotes stating the first batch would be limited.

Most dealers received their first batch beginning of last week and are expecting the next batch next week.

What more info is needed? For BM to come out and say the same thing?? They have already said the cameras are shipping and they are ramping up production while monitoring quality control.

Ryan Jones

PostSun Aug 25, 2013 1:21 am

LMACKREATH wrote:One camera a week?.. And the ones they are shipping have audio issues ., ghosting issues.. Battery issues..

Don't get me wrong these can be addressed but they need to be acknowledged first by BMD...

Can't wait to receive my cam in 2016!

I thought you'd cancelled your pre order?

You need to calm down. It's shipping, and as these issues are resolved it will ship in larger quantities.

There are no battery issues. Battery life is never what the manufacturer states and 45-50 mins is usable.

Audio isn't great, but I was expecting that from what I'd read on the BMCC. For interviews I'll record into an external recorder or XLR into my NX5. For anything else the Rode VideoMics are fine, plug straight in and you can monitor with headphones.

Return to Cinematography