EF Lenses on MFT BMCC?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Star Trak

EF Lenses on MFT BMCC?

PostMon Aug 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Are there any adapters EF to MFT that lets you control aperture besides the RRM LiveLens and MTF Services one?

rick.lang

Re: EF Lenses on MFT BMCC?

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 am

Star Trak wrote:Are there any adapters EF to MFT that lets you control aperture besides the RRM LiveLens and MTF Services one?

Although we don't know when, Metabones Speed Booster for EF/MFT is expected shortly. It will provide an active mount. Of course, it will be more than just an adapter as you know.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Star Trak

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 am

Hi Rick, how will an electronic adapter work with a BMCC's dumb m4/3 mount? I thought on electronic adapters like EF > NEX the adapter still has to talk too the body via the adapter? Unless the adapter is similar to something like the cumbersome RRM LiveLens or the MTF Services adapter (which both have big battery/controller attachments) I am not sure how the adapter will control the lens?

More likely than not the EF > M4/3 adapter will have electronic control for use on cameras like the GH3 and BMPCC but BMCC users still won't have aperture control.

rick.lang

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 am

Star Trak wrote:Hi Rick, how will an electronic adapter work with a BMCC's dumb m4/3 mount? I thought on electronic adapters like EF > NEX the adapter still has to talk too the body via the adapter? Unless the adapter is similar to something like the cumbersome RRM LiveLens or the MTF Services adapter (which both have big battery/controller attachments) I am not sure how the adapter will control the lens?

More likely than not the EF > M4/3 adapter will have electronic control for use on cameras like the GH3 and BMPCC but BMCC users still won't have aperture control.

I can't believe I wrote that post! You are correct, my brain keeps thinking of the BMPCC with the active mount when the topic was BMCC MFT with the passive mount.

Or maybe I'm just a man ahead of the times and next year there will be an active mount BMCC MFT.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography