VF for BMPCC.. good news from Zacuto Inc

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Francesco Bollorino

VF for BMPCC.. good news from Zacuto Inc

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 am

I have written to Zacuto Usa asking about aviability of a VF of their Z line suited for the 3.5" of BMPCC.
They agree with me that nothing at the moment is good for the dimensions of the LCD screen of the camera.. BUT they say that they are working on a SPECIFIC VERSION of their Z FINDER perfect for BMPCC
The item will be on sale in couple of month
I hope that other manifacturers will follw Zacuto in oder to allow costumers and owner of the camera to find the raight solution at the right price
Francesco Bollorino
Editor of Psychiatry on line Italia
Thematic Channel on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/PsychiatryonlineITA1

Ryan Jones

Re: VF for BMPCC.. good news from Zacuto Inc

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:I have written to Zacuto Usa asking about aviability of a VF of their Z line suited for the 3.5" of BMPCC.
They agree with me that nothing at the moment is good for the dimensions of the LCD screen of the camera.. BUT they say that they are working on a SPECIFIC VERSION of their Z FINDER perfect for BMPCC
I hope that other manifacturers will follw Zacuto in oder to allow costumers and owner of the camera to find the raight solution at the right price

Sounds good, but not sure "Zacuto" and "right price" fit in the same sentence.

I look forward to seeing what they come up with though!

Francesco Bollorino

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 am

Ryan Jones wrote:
Francesco Bollorino wrote:I have written to Zacuto Usa asking about aviability of a VF of their Z line suited for the 3.5" of BMPCC.

Absolutely I hope in Chinese clones as well as everybody here I guess.... :D
Francesco Bollorino

Ryan Jones

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 11:36 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:
Ryan Jones wrote:

Haha too true. Someone on here, Adam I think, was saying Kinotechnik are working on something too. Reasonable pricing to boot. Been eying their EVF lately too...

Rinaldo Lima

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 am

I have a Carry Speed VF4 waiting for my Pocket (next week?). Blunty has one also and aparently it will work. I say aparently because he didin't talk about this, but for a moment he has pressed it against the LCD.... check it out. Maybe not perfect, but at least a good alternative on the cheap side....

(at 4:30)

EDIT: maybe my post is a bit off-topic...sorry 8-) just trying to share some findings. I also have a Zacuto (w/ the EVF) with the GH3 support to mount it directly to the body. Curious to see how it will fit also.

vf4onthepocket.jpg
vf4onthepocket.jpg (136.74 KiB) Viewed 2701 times

Francesco Bollorino

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Rinaldo Lima wrote:I have a Carry Speed VF4 waiting for my Pocket (next week?). Blunty has one also and aparently it will work. I say aparently because he didin't talk about this, but for a moment he has pressed it against the LCD.... check it out. Maybe not perfect, but at least a good alternative on the cheap side....

(at 4:30)

EDIT: maybe my post is a bit off-topic...sorry 8-) just trying to share some findings. I also have a Zacuto (w/ the EVF) with the GH3 support to mount it directly to the body. Curious to see how it will fit also.

vf4onthepocket.jpg

The guys at Carry Speed said to me that the device (VF4) is not so good as the screen is 3.5" instead of 3.2
Francesco Bollorino

rick.lang

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Francesco Bollorino wrote:
Ryan Jones wrote:

If Zacuto sees this post, it is likely going to be the last time they share their future product plans with you. Obviously when you were asking about their products, they would assume you were going to be a sincere customer and purchase from them when it was available rather than wait for a knockoff from China. I understand many people today don't seem to value their relationship with a vendor as much as saving some of their hard-earned money.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Francesco Bollorino

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 5:54 am

rick.lang wrote:

If Zacuto sees this post, it is likely going to be the last time they share their future product plans with you. Obviously when you were asking about their products, they would assume you were going to be a sincere customer and purchase from them when it was available rather than wait for a knockoff from China. I understand many people today don't seem to value their relationship with a vendor as much as saving some of their hard-earned money.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm an happy owner of Zacuto products as well as owner of products from China.
The marketpalce allow people to judge products in base of AVIABILITY AND PRICE.
The guys from Zacuto were very gentle with me in the past when I had problems with the lenght of a screw so I have nothing to say if not positive about their costumers service but I feel my self free to say that I hope to be allowed to make my choise among the right VFs for my next to come BMPCC choising from more than one prodicers.
The bews about their new VF special for BMPCC is a positive sign of their way to work and I appreciate it a lot
My post was and is informative
Francesco Bollorino

Return to Cinematography