Bmcc MFT came with no software, dongle & user manual...

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Adrien Le Lorier

Bmcc MFT came with no software, dongle & user manual...

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 11:56 am

Hello everyone!

Ups knocked on my door today!

Just opened the box of my brand new BMCC mft , wich was in a blister, to found out that there was no manual , software or any kind of user manual/ company paper in the box: first thing i saw is power cord and adapter. No Da vinci (cd or dongle) , no ultra scope or whatever. :o

Hopefully the camera was here with sun shade and strap but honnestly , 75% of my decision to purchase a BMCC was lead by the DA Vinci dongle. Soooo, i'm a little disapointed right now. :?

My first reflex was to contact my reseller(Photocineshop, FRANCE) by email as i am in a different country(waiting for their answer right now), but considering the box was in an unopened blister i should better contact blackmagic directly. What do you guys think?

Did it hapenned before to one of you?

Adrien Le Lorier

adamroberts

Re: Bmcc MFT came with no software, dongle & user manual...

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

The USB dongle is often in between some of the packaging.

All the software can be downloaded from the support section of the BM site. In fact you are best to do that as the software that shipped on the CD is normally out of date when the camera arrives.

Adrien Le Lorier

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 pm

adamroberts wrote:The USB dongle is often in between some of the packaging.

All the software can be downloaded from the support section of the BM site. In fact you are best to do that as the software that shipped on the CD is normally out of date when the camera arrives.

I searched in all , the box, side of the polystyren pieces , every corner of the whole package , there is no USB key . It seem that there is normally a thing(rectangular card board with software package in it) sitting on the power cord in the box. it was missing in my case. :cry:

adamroberts

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Have you contacted the reseller?

Adrien Le Lorier

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 1:06 pm

adamroberts wrote:Have you contacted the reseller?

Yes , i'm actually waiting for a second answer , the first one was : " About Da Vinci , it is normaly included as a USB key with the camera..."
So i had to explain again that my problem was actually that there was no USB key in my package... :roll:

adamroberts

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Adrien Le Lorier wrote:Yes , i'm actually waiting for a second answer , the first one was : " About Da Vinci , it is normaly included as a USB key with the camera..."
So i had to explain again that my problem was actually that there was no USB key in my package... :roll:

Oh dear... well they got that wrong because the dongle holds not software. I've not a USB flash drive, it's a licence dongle. Anyway... good luck. Hope it gets sorted.

Adrien Le Lorier

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Problem solved by BlackMagic in less than one day!
After a short investigation, with the serial number of the camera , the order receipt ect... they will send me a dongle .
Very impressed by the customer support , thank you again Blackmagic. Glad to see how you take care of your customers.

Edit: And thank you , Adam , for your potential help!

Aleksandar Bogdanov

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Adrien Le Lorier wrote:Problem solved by BlackMagic in less than one day!
After a short investigation, with the serial number of the camera , the order receipt ect... they will send me a dongle .
Very impressed by the customer support , thank you again Blackmagic. Glad to see how you take care of your customers.

Now you better check your camera for rolling banding in dark areas.
Mine had this, so I opted for return the same day.
I hope all is well with yours, but I noticed it by chance on mine, so better check within the return period.

Good luck!

Adrien Le Lorier

PostThu Sep 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Aleksandar Bogdanov wrote:
Adrien Le Lorier wrote:Problem solved by BlackMagic in less than one day!

Now you better check your camera for rolling banding in dark areas.
Mine had this, so I opted for return the same day.
I hope all is well with yours, but I noticed it by chance on mine, so better check within the return period.

Good luck!

Ok now i am worried :shock: did it appeared with just the mount cover on, cause i have currently no lens , will check on monday... :?

Aleksandar Bogdanov

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 am

Adrien Le Lorier wrote:Ok now i am worried :shock: did it appeared with just the mount cover on, cause i have currently no lens , will check on monday... :?

You can check it with cap as well, but with lens will do better. Hope everything is ok though!

Adrien Le Lorier

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Aleksandar Bogdanov wrote:
Adrien Le Lorier wrote:Ok now i am worried :shock: did it appeared with just the mount cover on, cause i have currently no lens , will check on monday... :?

You can check it with cap as well, but with lens will do better. Hope everything is ok though!

I tested with cap and without, with ND + UV filter on the mount ; different exposure and different sensitivity, didn't noticed anything wrong but i'll wait for a more conventional shot with fine detail . I'm kind of optimistic on this one :)

Gabe Darvas

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 6:24 pm

what's this rolling banding issue?
Gabe D.

Return to Cinematography