Pre-order from B&H versus from other region

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

woodfordvisual

Re: Pre-order from B&H versus from other region

PostTue Oct 01, 2013 1:19 am

My BMPCC will be arriving with me tomorrow from Tekserve. A little underwhelmed with their customer service but hey, I'm getting the camera so I can't complain too much.

Ordering the camera from a smaller company like Tekserve is the KEY to getting this camera more promptly. Simply sitting on your hands and waiting for BH to work through their 100's and 1000's of pre-orders is foolish.

I cant wait to try mine out and I wish everyone all the luck getting theirs!

timhashko

PostTue Oct 01, 2013 3:12 am

Same here. I placed a pre-order with B&H on April 9 at 1 am and still no word from them when I can expect it.

Went ahead and placed an order with Tekserve two days ago and camera shipped today.

jonathancatt

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know we at ColorScene again, have a few stock left after canceled pre-orders. Our current inventory status is available via our website.

Also for those who like the MFT mount but are looking for a bit bigger sensor size, we have a BMCC 2.5k MFT in stock as well.

Yours,
Jonathan
Jonathan Catt
Systems Architect
ColorScene

Joseph Mastantuono

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Just got my Camera on Friday, and I pre-ordered the DAY it was announced. I had called several times, and apparently there were around 100 pre-orders before me. I'm guessing the B&H line is LOOONG.

Alex Gerulaitis

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this.

We have two BMPCCs arriving on Monday Oct 14 and no pre-orders. May or may not be able to turn around and ship them out the same day; if not - definitely the next day. To reserve one (or two) of them, order at dv411.com/bmdcamhd.html today or tomorrow before noon, put a note on the order, "BMD Forum" so I know you expect it to be shipped right away rather than "in 2-3 weeks". If I get more than two orders, I'll cancel them.
Alex Gerulaitis | System Administrator | DMED
Previous

Return to Cinematography