List of approved SSDs

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Tim Schumann

Blackmagic Design

Re: List of approved SSDs

PostMon May 28, 2018 1:53 am

The latest list of approved SSD's is in our URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast manuals in the Camera 5.1 update. The Samsung 860 EVO 2TB, 4TB and 860 EVO PRO 2TB & 4TB have been added. These SSD's tested well.

Worth noting that on both of the EVO PRO's we would not recommend lower bitrate recording such as 1080p60 ProRes HQ for long duration recordings of over 20 hours. This is also listed in the 5.1 URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast manuals.

Damion Smith

PostMon May 28, 2018 2:37 am

Hello All! I'm in a serious jam. I've shot some footage using my Blackmagic Production 4k camera. I shot the footage onto 2 Samsung 850 EVO card 500GB. I've used them plenty in the past but now both ssd's are not showing up on my Mac at all when mounted. I used a friends Window PC to see if it is a formatting issue and it's giving me an error saying it "cannot start". I can watch all of the footage in camera. I hope someone can help me since I am on a tight timeline for a client. THANK YOU!

Ron Exalto

PostSat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 pm

If the Samsung EVO and PRO from the 860 series are tested good, surely the 1tb version meets all requirements as well? I can’t find anything lower in the specs compared to the 2 and 4tb versions. Any thoughts why it might not work?

jonasw

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 am

Ron Exalto wrote:If the Samsung EVO and PRO from the 860 series are tested good, surely the 1tb version meets all requirements as well? I can’t find anything lower in the specs compared to the 2 and 4tb versions. Any thoughts why it might not work?

Quite curious about this as well. As I personally find 1tb to be the perfect storage size to get.
Previous

Return to Cinematography