Sandisk Ultra Plus vs. Extreme

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

goodluckdesigns

Sandisk Ultra Plus vs. Extreme

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Will the Sandisk Ultra Plus work as a backup SSD in a pinch? Obviously not for shooting RAW but in compressed recording? Currently the extra one that I have is the 128GB version.

I did fully read the article about which SSD are recommended by BMD but they didn't point out which ones were not recommended.

Any insight would be great, thank you.
Good Luck Designs

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Sandisk Ultra Plus vs. Extreme

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 9:47 pm

As stated before in other threads, it would be bad business to say which we don't recommend but the ones we have listed are meant to work with the product because they've cleared the certification steps we have set. Using other products not on our list as of yet is up to you and your discretion.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

goodluckdesigns

Re: Sandisk Ultra Plus vs. Extreme

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 12:02 am

Tony Rivera wrote:As stated before in other threads, it would be bad business to say which we don't recommend but the ones we have listed are meant to work with the product because they've cleared the certification steps we have set. Using other products not on our list as of yet is up to you and your discretion.

I understand that completely. I was just hoping to see if anyone had tried to use one of these SSD and what results they got.
Good Luck Designs

Return to Cinematography