BMCC broken Files

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

MaxEmanuel

BMCC broken Files

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 am

Hello everybody, I've got some problems with one of my BMCCs. I'm located in Germany but this one was bought in the UK - simply cause at this time (about one year ago) there was non available in Germany. From the first day on the Camera had some issues. Mostly the Battery which goes down to 75% after seconds and so on. It's not a big problem to me 'cause I'm shooting with V-Battery Power anyway and I had a lot of work to do so I used it anyway and decided to send it in for repair later. Cause of the Country I bought it from, I had to send it to the UK. Almost two month later I received it back, nothing repaired at all. As the camera was first checked, UK wrote me that they see the battery issue and it will be fixed. However, in the End nothing was fixed - even worse, since the Camera came back I have huge issues with the recorded files. About one out of twenty is broken. No matter if I'm recording in RAW or ProRes, not matter which SSD I'm using. Most of the time I'm shooting on SanDisk Extreme 480GB SSDs, all of the were formatted, tested and all are 100% okay.

Du you have any suggestions what I can try to do? I rather not wait for two month to have a more broken cam back.

Cheers, Max!
Max Biber // BIBERFILM // Germany

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

Re: BMCC broken Files

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am

I recall hearing that some SSDs are a bit slim and sexy and so wobble in the SSD slot causing issues, from memory it may have been one of the Sandisk ranges.

MaxEmanuel

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:I recall hearing that some SSDs are a bit slim and sexy and so wobble in the SSD slot causing issues, from memory it may have been one of the Sandisk ranges.

Well thanks but the SanDisk Extreme 480GBs are fitting pretty tight. So I don't think this is the issue...
Max Biber // BIBERFILM // Germany

Christian Horne

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 am

I had the same battery issue along with the rolling banding issue I had bought from CVP in the UK. They sent the camera to BMD UK and they sent a complete new camera back to me with no issues!

Return to Cinematography