Pocket Cam and Speedgrade ,

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Rob Ford

Pocket Cam and Speedgrade ,

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Adobe Speedgrade creates an error with my pocket cam footage.

Can someone give me a 30+ second clip straight from their camera so I can test it, and please let me know if its the updated firmware or not.

I would appreciate it very much. Adobe has confirmed the bug but not sure where it is coming from. I wonder.if my.camera is writing.errors.or if it.purely.a.software.error.,

Has anyone else used SpeedGrade? I like it very much.

Ned Soltz

Re: Pocket Cam and Speedgrade ,

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 pm

The Speedgrade CC update is due any day now so you might want to wait for the update to see if it fixes the problem. That is, of course, assuming you have Speedgrade CC and not CS6

Rob Ford

Re: Pocket Cam and Speedgrade ,

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Ned Soltz wrote:The Speedgrade CC update is due any day now so you might want to wait for the update to see if it fixes the problem. That is, of course, assuming you have Speedgrade CC and not CS6

The newest update of Speedgrade (that will come out soon) will still have the same bug as of right now. However, they mentioned a work around would be to import via dynamic link to speedgrade from premiere. So that doens't sound too bad. But I would still like to investigate further to see if my camera is creating somewhat corrupted files or not.

Return to Cinematography