SSD and power input question

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Sidmar Holloman

SSD and power input question

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 am

1. Does this camera take internal or external SSD?

2. I notice the voltage input this camera can take is anywhere between 12V to 30V. My question is, what is the range input of Power and Amp Hour it can take from a battery?

3. What size component of the power plug input does this camera take?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Re: SSD and power input question

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Sidmar Holloman wrote:1. Does this camera take internal or external SSD?
2. I notice the voltage input this camera can take is anywhere between 12V to 30V. My question is, what is the range input of Power and Amp Hour it can take from a battery?
3. What size component of the power plug input does this camera take?

1. I answered your cross-post elsewhere, but: The BMCC uses standard SSD drives as its removable media. You slide them in & out of the camera like a memory card. Refer to the photo & current list of recommended SSD drives:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... ra/design/
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support ... 542&os=mac

2. To the best of my knowledge BMD hasn't announced a power requirement for the camera other than stating its 12-30VDC range, but it's been reported to draw approx. 18W, pending verification by BMD.

3. The BMCC's power plug has been reported to be the same as used on BMD's Hyperdeck Shuttle, but I can't confirm that yet myself, regrets. Pending further info from BMD, I suspect one of the 3rd party manufacturers (such as Hawk-Woods, Switronix, etc.) who make external power solutions for the BMCC could answer this question.

Return to Cinematography