BMPC 4K Touchscreen not responding.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

gioknox

BMPC 4K Touchscreen not responding.

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 7:13 am

I just opened the box for my new camera and powered it on. After pressing the menu button I can not select any of the options on screen. Is there something that I'm missing, or is this camera dead out of the water?

Thanks

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: BMPC 4K Touchscreen not responding.

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Are you getting any image on the touchscreen or is it blank when you power it on?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

gioknox

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:Are you getting any image on the touchscreen or is it blank when you power it on?

After pressing the menu button the camera settings section is visible, but the screen does not respond to touch. I am unable to change settings or get into other sub-sections.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Contact the support office in your region and they can assist you to get this sent in and resolved.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Ian Nguyen

PostFri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 pm

I just had the same problem with my newly purchased BMPC 4K. As soon as it was taken out from the box, the problem with the touchscreen started. BMD sent me a replacement. Unfortunately I have to send this one back as well, instead of sending me a new unit, they sent me a used one :x. Personally I felt a bit insulted receiving a refurbished/used camera as a replacement.

Leandro Visconti

PostSat Mar 07, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm having the same problem.. but the difference is that my camera was working just fine for almost 4 months already.. and not that I'm shooting a short movie and using it during more period of time suddenly it stopped working the touch screen. I can still shoot with it. When I touch menu it shows the menu but can't pass that point because it doesn't respond when touching the icons.
I'm in Argentina. I bought it in the US. There is no representation of Blackmagic in the country. Any idea that can be causing the problem?
Thank you.

Leandro Visconti

PostWed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Didn't have any luck with the touch screen. It's just dead. And I can't access to any setting in the camera. Stays in 4k Qt, 5600, 200 iso. Impossible to use at night. I need to send it to blackmagic or something.. but anyway.. in the mean time..

Is it possible to navigate the menu with the hard bottoms (rec, play, stop..etc). Like by triple click the menu bottom it access the menu but using the hard bottoms as bottoms to navigate? Is there any way to do that already or is it possible to add it to the next firmware??

Because it's been a not so rear issue, this functionality could make that camera more trust-able, leting you finalize your production even if you have this problem in the middle.

Thank a lot.

Pd.. New using a forum.. not sure the formatting or how to point directly to somebody.

Joao Adriano

PostThu Mar 26, 2015 5:32 am

I have the same problem.
After a month of use.
Disappointed because in Brazil does not have technical assistance.
Only sending to the US.
Apparently it is a problem that affects several people. :(
Joao Adriano
Visiom Films

Oscar Yovera

PostTue May 26, 2015 8:43 pm

I see that this problem occurs commonly on this camera, I too happened the same problem after two weeks of use, the touchscreen is not working. Please anyone know if this is a configuration problem or a problem of some electronic component. Urgent need to use the camera and I can not configure it. :(

Adriano Rodrigues

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 3:48 am

I have the same defect. And do not have technical assistance in my country.

I am willing to lose the warranty and send with a technical fix the canon or nikon.

Does anyone know the part that spoils? for it does not work anymore?
Someone managed to solve without having to change the camera, or take in blackmagic?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 6:49 pm

The issue you report does not appear to be a common one (very few reports here during the camera's lifetime).

Try installing/re-installing camera firmware version 2.4 from BMD's website:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... al-cameras

If that doesn't address your issue, contact BMD tech support directly for your region for further troubleshooting or repair info:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/contact/email
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/contact/phone

-

febriliantoro

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 1:54 am

I am having the same issues last night, i bought it on march 2015 and suddenly last night when i am in the middle on set it the touch screen stop responding, my question is how long it takes to replacement the camera ? since i am still in the middle of production that need to be done in 9 days, i am in brunei and the camera i bought it from singapore...need quick reply pls..

fabioferro

PostSat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Had the same problem, installed new Firmware(Rel. 12.April 2017), working perfectly again. Fast and easy!

rawdslr

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 8:34 pm

My touchscreen isn't working either. I'm really surprised, it was working fine for the first few times I used it, then it just stopped responding. It allows me to go from page to page, but I can't choose any of the options. It's incredibly frustrating and this camera has almost no use.

Return to Cinematography