Vertical lines. Sensor problem ?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Garth McCarthy

Re: Vertical lines. Sensor problem ?

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 am

Okay, t is 2017, My BMCC has shot only two Short films and I am now experiencing the same problem. Has this been fixed, and I did not know about it?

Dustin Svehlak

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Garth McCarthy wrote:Okay, t is 2017, My BMCC has shot only two Short films and I am now experiencing the same problem. Has this been fixed, and I did not know about it?

Just a cursory look at this thread indicates it was about the infamous FPN from the Blackmagic Production Camera (BMPC 4K). I am unaware of vertical FPN on the BMCC after being a former owner for 4 years. I did have a unit out of the box show horizontal rolling lines and it necessitated a return to the reseller.

I would suggest contacting Blackmagic support to find out what's going on.
www.voltaicvideo.com
www.vimeo.com/voltaicvideo

Eshan Kazemi

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 pm

I have similar issue.

Vertical lines at ISO 800 when low light (it seems there is a fixed noise but with brighter vertical lines), sometimes rolling horizontal lines as well (in very low light ISO 800).

At ISO 400 very difficult to see vertical or horizontal lines.

At ISO 200 nothing.

In normal light nothing.

It's funny that at ISO 800 low light, vertical lines are more visible when I use a canon zoom lens compared to when a prime Nikkor lens is used (when using the zoom lens, the vertical lines are also a bit visible at ISO 400! Strange!)

Hope this helps!
Previous

Return to Cinematography